How to cook Turkey Fillets

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
I got these turkey fillets at the grocery the other day. I am thinking about putting some cajun seasoning on them and baking.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Replies

• 12by311
    Options
    I got these turkey fillets at the grocery the other day. I am thinking about putting some cajun seasoning on them and baking.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that is pretty much what I did. they were yummy!

I also put them in with potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, celery in one of those baking bags. 30 minutes to a complete meal.

hmmmmmmmm I sound like a commerical!!:drinker:
  • 12by311
    Options
    Hmmm. That sounds good to. And a complete meal made a once is my favorite kind.
    Guess that's why I love my crockpot!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I got some awhile back, and they make a great sandwhich. I like spicy stuff, so I used pam on a nonstick pan, coated them with some tabasco or tapatio, and cooked them. They cook super fast. I think anyway you normally season chicken works too. Then I put them on a sandwich and took it with me for lunch at work. Its easy cause they are super quick so you can make them in the morning before you leave.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I make turkey fingers! Mix some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning in with dry bread crumbs to coat them with and it tastes like roast turkey and dressing!

My hint is to coat them once (this puts the bread crumb "dust" on them- or you can coat them with flour) then dip in egg beaten with milk, then dip again in the breadcrumbs, really pressing them on. Then you get a nice coating, like commerical chicken fingers. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 min.
  • 12by311
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys!

And whoa, I had a bunch of typos in that second post. My appologies!