Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for some yummy breakfast ideas that are low carb? Preferably not eggs! I seem to have them every morning lol x

Replies

• NicolaNash
    Options
    you can buy Atkins diet cereal? I don't follow their diet but was also looikng to lower carbs
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I never thought about looking at Atkins. Thanks :)
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    what about turkey sausage
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my favourite if I want something low carb :)
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Do you like milk? I hope the answer is yes. How low do you want to go? :)

Almond milk = 90
    Rolled oats bread toast = 100/slice
    Greek yogurt 40z 160 but that is a LOT so I usually only get 2oz = 80
  • loulou0612
    loulou0612 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat some form of eggs every morning but sometimes my husband will eat cottage cheese with tomatoe slices or left over meat from dinner.....Just dont think breakfast has to be tradtional breakfast food...
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage:) I have mine with eggs though and a half grapefruit
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I eat some form of eggs every morning but sometimes my husband will eat cottage cheese with tomatoe slices or left over meat from dinner.....Just dont think breakfast has to be tradtional breakfast food...

^^^ Sometimes I eat my dinner left overs for breakfast.
  • blandwriter
    blandwriter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts when I started doing South Beach was homemade vegetable soup. I make my own chicken stock and use low-sodium tomatoes, lots of vegetables and some chicken. I also made a variation of an Italian white bean and kale soup that I ate for breakfast a lot. Now I stick with Chobani non-fat yogurt (great protein) and a serving of almonds. Keeps me going for hours!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey mixed with salsa or eggs or veggies is great! Also, protein powder smoothies are filled with delicious awesomeness. Mine are whey protein, and I have 3 flavors from which I make a HUGE variety of combinations of flavors depending on what ingredients I add.
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    fat free+low sugar yogurt with fresh fruit (: sometimes I throw some wholegrain cheerios or allbran in there.

Eggs are boring but great - maybe experiment, try some eggwhite omelets with ham and spinach or something.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese for breakfast, with tomatoes and some dillweed and onion salt.
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also, protein powder smoothies are filled with delicious awesomeness. Mine are whey protein, and I have 3 flavors from which I make a HUGE variety of combinations of flavors depending on what ingredients I add.

yes - smoothies are so good, with or without protein powder (: the powder flavors can really add to the taste - vanilla, chocolate etc. A frozen banana, mango, papaya, some milk, fat free yogurt; blend it all up.. yum!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb and breakfast has always been hard for me because I don't like eggs. So I drink a protein shake every day for breakfast. I buy a protein powder that has 0 sugar and only 1 gram of carbs per scoop. I add unsweetened almond milk, natural peanut butter and spinach too. Yummy and fills me up for 3-4 hours so I don't need a mid morning snack.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump