how improtant is it to stay within the limits of protien

Options
I have been staying within my claories for the day but there has been days that i have went over on my protien. So im just wondering how that will effect my weight loss. I do normally stay within on all the fat and carbs but not protien. Does anybody have any idea how this will effect my weight loss?

Replies

• pce313
    pce313 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been staying within my claories for the day but there has been days that i have went over on my protien. So im just wondering how that will effect my weight loss. I do normally stay within on all the fat and carbs but not protien. Does anybody have any idea how this will effect my weight loss?
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options

If you are using the MFP default settings, you will have no problems going over on protein. I have found the settings to be way too low for me, as have many others. MFP default has it around 15% of your daily cals, where I strive for 30%. Extra protein in place of carbs will help you feel satisfied longer and will help you rebuild your damaged muscle tissue after workouts.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    A lot of people customize it to allow for more protein in their diets. It can actually be very helpful for weight loss if you're working out regularly.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Yes, protein is the one thing that is pretty safe to go over on. Actually if or when you are very active, people tend to go over on protein all of the time. You can adjust this amount if you would like. I would like to tell you what the safe amount of protein is, but I think that depends on the person.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

MFP tends to go a little TOO low with their protein allowance, so don't worry too much about it. I've been over just about every single day in the year I've been with MFP, and, I STILL managed to lose the weight that I wanted to! :happy:
  • pce313
    pce313 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for the information!!! Good luck to us all on our journey. Thank you again!