Keep Gaining the same 2 pounds since christmas...help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sagetheplace
    Sagetheplace Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the advice and reply's! There are so many different opions and numbers its all so confusing! The first 60 pounds seemed so easy!

OK so...first the breastfeeding calories show up in my diary as a food and subtract from what I have eaten. So on days my diary said I ate 1600, I actually ate 1900 because it subtracts 300 for breastfeeding. However I rarely ever eat back all of my exercise calories...and most days I have at least 300 left over at the end of the day...so that would work out the same as not eating those calories, so I could try not logging them and see how things go...I just cant wait for my son to wean at this point so there will be 1 less thing to worry about in this equation...its been over 3 years between pregnancy and nursing since Ive gotten to have my body back and Im ready.

I have considered that maybe I am doing too much working out and not enough resting. Also have considered maybe trying less intense forms of exercise to keep my hr in the fat burning zone and give my body a little bit of rest. However I have not fully commited to trying any of those things out. I always say I am going to but then get worried about not burning enough calories and end up working out when I wasnt planning on it....so I will be really low on calories that day becuase I eat for a non workout day...then the next day I feel exhausted and so low energy....its like a cycle I cant break out of! It just seems odd to me that working out could be hurting my health/weightloss if that makes sense?

So much to think about...and I really do appreciate all the advice and support!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I have considered that maybe I am doing too much working out and not enough resting. Also have considered maybe trying less intense forms of exercise to keep my hr in the fat burning zone and give my body a little bit of rest. However I have not fully commited to trying any of those things out. I always say I am going to but then get worried about not burning enough calories and end up working out when I wasnt planning on it....so I will be really low on calories that day becuase I eat for a non workout day...then the next day I feel exhausted and so low energy....its like a cycle I cant break out of! It just seems odd to me that working out could be hurting my health/weightloss if that makes sense?

It's enough to make your scream, isn't it?
    Hahahha.... laughing WITH you (hopefully you can laugh about it). It's trial and error once you hit a plateu. Gotta find what works! And yes, TOO much exercise CAN be detrimental.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    keep a closer eye on your sat fat and sugar intake.

salt too.............this is where I have a problem
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    wait untill you have finished breast feeding, cut back your calories and increase exercise. if this dosnt work SEE YOUR DR, because you could have a metabolic issue. i have a client in a similar position to you. i have reffered her to a GP. and its come back she has a metabolic condition. so if it really is a struggle get MEDICAL help. because your health is number one priority!! :)
  • Sagetheplace
    Options
    To be honest I stopped monitoring my sugar and fat becuase I almost always go over. However most of my sugar is fruit...I now love fruit...it use to be chocolate bars so it could be worse. And since I have been trying to increase my calories I eat nuts which always puts me over on my fat. I thought since most of the fat and sugar was natural that it would be Ok though....especially since how I was eating before was so so soo much worse!

I have thought that maybe my body dosnt want to get rid of anything else while I am still nursing and maybe thats what the problem is...I dont know...maybe my BMR is lower then I think so I am burning less calories daily and need to eat less....or maybe I am burning more then I think...lol and yes it is enough to make you want to scream!!!!! lol

Also I have been between 4 and 6 pounds of finally making it into the 100's for the first time since I got pregnant with my first son when I was only 15...and I want to be there so bad....its been 2 months stuck only 4-6pounds away...ive worked hard and been patient...I want this soo bad!!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was JUST over 300lbs, I cared so much about breaking that barrier. I was stuck there for weeks. I finally just let go and stopped wanting it so bad, and presto.. I went under 300. Coincidence, most likely, but still. Try not to worry about it. Just do what you do, and let it surprise you when it happens.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options

This thinking is SO bad for you. Exercise should be because you want to be fit and have muscles, not because you want to burn more calories. The calorie burn is a bonus to exercise. It should never be the reason you do it. When you talk about it like you do, it makes me think of exercise bulimia, which is a serious issue to develop and happens to a lot of people who are on a weight loss journey.

I have taken a week off here or two weeks off there and it has done nothing but been BENEFICIAL. It allows my muscles to get rest. It allows me to recharge mentally and physically. It allows me to remember that I have other things I love to do besides work out, because when I am in the workout zone, I tend to focus only on that.

Again, I am talking from personal experience. I am not an expert. But I really do think that you should give yourself a break and let your body adjust to the SIXTY POUNDS its already lost (which is amazing and you should feel GREAT about). Let your metabolism pick back up by not eating at a deficit. Let your body rest for a week and spend some time with your son doing fun play instead of exercise. It's still a workout, it's just more fun and less sweaty! :)

Also, in regards to sugar, fat, etc. If you are eating a minimum of 1g of protein per pound of LBM (you can approximate BFP on various websites using measurements. It's proven to be about as accurate as the calculator at the gym, so a 3-5% margin of error), and 1g of fat per 2 pounds of body weight, the rest is gravy. Keep your sodium below ~1,800-2,000mg and eat the rest of your calories in ice cream if you feel like it.

Again, personally, I am more successful when I limit nothing but strive to hit macros instead of trying to eliminate things from my diet (I eat pretty healthy, but I have a sweet tooth and so I like to work something sweet into my day most everyday).

Good luck!
  • Sagetheplace
    Options
    I have tried really hard not to focus on crossing from 200 to 199...but after 2 months of the scale not moving, it seems I want it more and more the longer I have to wait lol,

I have recognized that way of thinking cant be healthy....burn more calories and being obsessed with them. I keep catching myself and then trying to cut down on it. So from burning 1000+ calories a day in about 2 hours...to this week I aimed for around 600 in about an hour. But for 1 I now enjoy working out and pushing myself...never thought I would be that person! Then I think I am afraid to take a break in fear of returning to my old ways and losing all the progress I have made. So I do try to correct this way of thinking by working out less...and sometimes I like to not log a day so I dont obsess over the numbers but I have gotten really good at keeping a number count of calories of the foods Im eating in my head...its probly not as accurate but its pretty close.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    If nothing else, I would eat at maintenance for a month. I can understand not wanting to take a break (I just hope you're never forced to through injury because of overdoing it), but I'm glad you're cutting back because it is one thing to love to exercise and another to exercise obsessively. :)