Couch to 5K

Options
Anyone ever done one? I started it yesterday. The first 2 days have been pretty easy. I'm looking forward to having more endurance when it's done.

Replies

• kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Anyone ever done one? I started it yesterday. The first 2 days have been pretty easy. I'm looking forward to having more endurance when it's done.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up week 5 of the Couch to 5K. I used to race 10K and Triathalons. This program has been the easiest thing to get back going again. Good Luck and have fun.

I have found doing this 3 days a week, cross training 2 days a week and yoga 6 days a week has given me so much more energy.
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    HI.... today was day 2 for me... I skipped the first 3 weeks though b/c I have been running for a couple of months now a mile at a time, but can't do anymore than that... So, I just skipped to week 4. So far I am liking it!!!! Good luck!!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three and I enjoy it. Like others, I skipped ahead and I wish I would have even further because it does seem too easy. But I guess that's the way they want it so you don't burn yourself out.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I did this last fall and then continued on with the training for a half marathon. Great way to get started and it does get harder. But stick with it and you will be a runner in no time.:smile: Keep us updated on your 5k
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three and I enjoy it. Like others, I skipped ahead and I wish I would have even further because it does seem too easy. But I guess that's the way they want it so you don't burn yourself out.

I forgot to mention. One thing I've been doing to make it a little more challenging is to increase the speed and find some hills or boost the incline (when i'm on the treadmill).
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm repeating week 3 atm, I could most likely have moved up to week 4 but I'm in no rush. They reccomend that before you finish a week you should be able to do the run jogging without losing your breath, ie, being able to talk the whole time. I so cannot do that yet.
  • keshia_v03
    keshia_v03 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start week 6 and I'm actually excited. Thought I was going to struggle week 5 day 3 but I actually did really well. I am so not a runner, but this is a challenge I'm glad I haven't given up on. It's has been a great workout.:happy: