i'm soooo

Options
hungry!!!! why am i always so hungry?? does anyone have any suggestions for good food that is low cal but really fills you up?

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    hungry!!!! why am i always so hungry?? does anyone have any suggestions for good food that is low cal but really fills you up?
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal bars. :heart: They have a good amount of fiber and they are only 110 calories. Their fruit and grain granola bars are also very good and are 120 calories.
  • nueta1922
    nueta1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try to eat whole foods with fiber. I like apples, oranges or clemintines. Also I like to snack on food with high amounts of protiens like almonds, cashews and hummus. Make sure with the nuts you don't go crazy cause they have a high amount of fat.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal bars. :heart: They have a good amount of fiber and they are only 110 calories. Their fruit and grain granola bars are also very good and are 120 calories.

Do they have the same "effects" as the Fiber One bars do? My husband has "forbidden" me to buy anymore of THOSE! :laugh: :laugh:
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    OMG - I know exactly what you mean because I had the same issue with the Fiber One bars. :mad: I have not had that issue with the Kashi bars. :flowerforyou:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    A huge salad is so filling and full of fiber which will make you stay full. Are you drinking water? Lots? Jicama is refreshing by itself or with lime juice and a little salt, 2% greek yogurt (fage).... I love hummus and celery together. Hope these help! :heart:
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    i use almonds and water...almonds really work for me.....you can have 27 of them but i can only get down about 10....chew alot and eat slow:happy: :happy:
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Ugh, I always feel the same way too. I know that you shouldn't eat A LOT of bread, but bread helps to keep me full. My sister buys this bread that is 40 calories a slice(not sure of the name). That really helps when you can't eat a lot of carbs but need to stay full. Also, eat all day! Don't go overboard, but carry snacks with you constantly. When I go to class I eat lunch and still bring a bag of grapes and granola bar or clementine and baggy of cereal. This helps a lot. Oh, and drink lots of water! Somtimes your body feels tummy, but really you are just thirsty. Hope some of this helps!

-Danielle:happy:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    lots of people recommend cucumbers.

also, make sure your calorie intake is enough. if it's week one or 2 or 3 of starting this program, hunger is the reality. it will get easier.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I eat a caramel rice cake (the big ones) with a teaspoon of all natural peanutbutter. I also eat the white chedder ricecakes with a teaspoon of FF cream cheese with a glass of water. It feels like you are eating lots and it seems to fill me up and under 100 calories for each prepared one.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your replies! everything you mentioned sounds yummy :smile:
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    How often do you eat? Eating my small meals (200 cals) every 2-3 hours really fights off hunger for me. Get protein and fiber in there! Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    I just tried the strawberry Kashi cereal bars this morning...is it just me or are they really sugary tasting? :frown: I have issues when things are overly sugary...I was really hoping that I would like them!