What would you do if this happened to you? (About Audible)

Options
silhouettes
silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
I'm going to try to explain this as best as I can, if anyone here has used Audible (which is great for jogging) you might understand. I appologize for the length, but I have to go into detail as much as possible to make it make sense. The question at the end is a moral one, what should I do?

So we just got back from vacation and are trying to recover moneywise, but since we don't have plans for another vacation next paycheck we will start having more money.

We get paid the 16th and Audible was supposed to take out the 24th. So I contacted Audible and asked if they could upgrade my account from 1 credit (1 book) to 2 books every month on the NEXT billing date. I went on to tell them I didn't want it upgraded until then, because the money wasn't on that CC just yet, they assured me it wouldn't take effect until March 24th.

2 hours later I get an email that my CC was declined. I called the CC to assure myselt it wouldn't affect my credit and then called audible, they appologized said that was usually the way they did it, they don't know why it changed and that they couldn't change it back, but they assured me it wouldn't try to bill me again until April 8th. I was made it was 2 weeks later than planned and to appologize they woman gave me $10 off a book. (The women was nice but she barely spoke english and I couldn't understand much)

So I log into my audible account and it's blinking your credit card is invalid please select another one. Annoyed at the blinking light I selected my bank card. It auto took out of my bank account... AGAIN. And it didn't give me the 2 credits! So I call audible AGAIN and get a man this time that barely speaks english. He explains you don't get the credits until the payment clears if you use the card for the first time, but he gave me 2 options. Get the money back in a few weeks or force the credits through. I was pretty annoyed by ths time and we didn't really have the money yet, but it wasn't coming back anytime soon, I might as well get what I paid for, so I agreed for the credits and got them minutes later. He didn't really understand my problem about it charging that day, because by then my story was long and complicated, so I got no reason why it charged again.. but at least I had it solved.

So I went to bed with 2 credits I paid for early and $10 for the first woman's appology.

I wake up this morning to an email saying your credits arrived, I checked and I have 4 credits now and it didn't charge anything again. I guess when he pushed the 2 credits through early he didn't stop the other 2 from coming.

So my question is a moral one, should I call then YET AGAIN and tell them of their mistake or say screw them they caused me enough problems, I'll just keep them?

I'd appreciate your opinions!

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Well, I would try and email them back (to avoid another long phone call) and tell them they gave you double credits. Who knows, they may say keep them for your trouble. I would be uncomfortable with using them knowing they thought they only gave me two.