Dr. Oz and supplements

Options
Do any of you take supplements? I watched Dr. Oz one afternoon, and he suggested 7 Keto to boost metabolism and Saterial Saffron Extract to curb the appetite. Have any of you tried these? I know nothing takes the place of fitness and a healthy diet; I was just wondering if these were a worthwhile, healthy boost, and would appreciate some input.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    MlT1x.gif
  • cbcw1964
    cbcw1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have / am....the 7 Keto seems to help...I am hypothyroid. I however did not notice much help from the saffron. I also take CLA and that seems to have helped. so far so good....three weeks in and I have lost 11 lbs....:glasses:
  • mferguson0531
    mferguson0531 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am talking the 7 keto and raspberry that he reccommended. I am also taking the Flax Seed Oil pills. I have been taking them a little over a week. I can't tell really anything yet. It has made me not finish a plate of food every night for dinner. I have found myself leaving something on the plate every night. Guess that could be the pills. I don't know. But I ordered a month's worth, so we will see.
  • MagsRad
    MagsRad Posts: 26
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing! Interested to see the answers. Obviously I will continue to make healthy food choices and exercise....just wondering if these help.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about Dr. Oz is, "every day he has something new". I don't think anyone can do everything he says so you have to choose what is most important to you.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much luck on the generic fix-all type supplements, but I do take a number of things in a mix that is tailored for me. I've got a blog post about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/netchik/view/my-supplements-why-i-take-them-194363
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    come on. Dr Oz is a *kitten* who sells something new every week.

If there was anything as great as he claims, would it be a secret?

don't be sheep.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Do any of you take supplements? I watched Dr. Oz one afternoon, and he suggested 7 Keto to boost metabolism and Saterial Saffron Extract to curb the appetite. Have any of you tried these? I know nothing takes the place of fitness and a healthy diet; I was just wondering if these were a worthwhile, healthy boost, and would appreciate some input.

Most healthy people don't need any supplements. Dr Oz makes money on those supplements. That's why he recommends them. Unless you have a bunch of money you are looking to dispose of, I would pass on the 7 Keto. Sounds like a supp for low carb dieting. If you think you need a vitamin supplement, the generic multi-vitamin is as good as any with a fancy brand name. We pay BILLIONS per year on not needed supplements for just about every ailment you can imagine. In the past I have spent a small fortune of my hard earned money on that stuff and not once did I ever notice any difference or feel any different.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

yep. multivitamin and fish oil pill. I don't like Dr. Oz. he just promotes things companies pay him to.
  • dsagaties1963
    Options
    what is 7 Keto, don't watch Dr. Oz but I did start taking CLA
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I went to my local GNC store to look for them and the guy working there said they were big (ketones) when Dr Oz first came out with them and they sold out but then after the month was up no one came back for more so he said you bethe judge. So he talked me into buying Physio Burn I have taken a few of them but stopped I have to stop being so gullable :grumble:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

i have to agree with most people here. I think Dr. Oz occasionally has some good tips but if i took all the supplements he recommended that would be all i consumed in one day! i mean really, think about all the ones he recommends. i already take a multivitamin, extra vit d, fish oil, calcium... if i added all of his in i would be a supplement machine... just can't do it... nothing really raises metabolism quite like exercising and building muscle.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

don't be sheep.

Totally agree. Every day he is pushing some new pill...Come ON!! do a little research, and you will see.....this stuff he pushes, just like the raspberry ketone does NOT work. If it did...we would ALL be skinny!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I take GNC's Women's Active multipack..all in itself is enough for a meal! Lol! I have to force them all down, mainly because they are so big and it takes an entire bottle of water to get them down! They really help, but you have to eat oatmeal or something with them so you don't feel sick to your stomach. I do these because sometimes I get way to busy to eat or not able to fit all my veggies in for the day.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    MlT1x.gif
    My sentiments exactly.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Just because supplements don't make you "feel" any different does not mean they are not working. They aren't pep pills or mood-altering drugs, after all. They are designed to supplement vitamins and/or minerals that you perhaps do not get enough of in your daily diet, and in my opinion they do their job. I have been taking certain supplements for years, and I do believe they are an integral part of my EXCELLENT health. I don't take what Dr. Oz or Dr. Weil or Dr. Anybody recommends; I do my own research and stay in tune with my body's needs as I age, or my activity level changes, etc. There is enough good sound information on the web and in books about vitamins and supplements that I don't feel I need to rely on a spokesperson who might be profiting from the sale of a "brand" supplement.
  • kayteesb
    kayteesb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have not tried those but I do use the African Mango Dr. Oz talked about. I am not sure that I am seeing or feeling a difference and it's been about 6 weeks. I also take CLA and drink L-Carnatine (love it) along with some other vitamins. All seem to work fine as of now so I plan to continue.
  • ff1diver
    ff1diver Posts: 30 Member
    Options

don't be sheep.

I sooooo agree!!!!!! Don't listen to him!!!!!!
  • kayteesb
    kayteesb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    True...so true. I do not feel any different but I don't feel bad. :wink:
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Is Dr. Oz a real Doctor?

I don't know these things. Too lazy to Google.