Hi I just joined today :)

Options
Hi, I have just joined today after reading several good things about this site. I have done the Weight Watchers and Slimming World and just put it all back on. I have struggled for years with my weight through one personal reason or another. I have a few medical problems now and know that I really have to try my hardest to get the weight off to help with these. I also have a Granddaughter who will be 2 in May and I want to be able to go to the park and places with her in the summer and sit on the grass or chase after her etc which at the moment I can't do.

I would be grateful for any support anyone can offer as I know I have a long way to go but I also know I can get there with some will power and support. :)

Gill

Replies

• trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gill, So happy you're here. Grandchildren are an awesome motivator. I have two myself. I too, have been up and down my whole life but now, it's easy to be accountable for what you put in your mouth. Good or bad days, log in everyday. You'll eat better as you go and get the hang of it. Make sure you excercise the best you can. Every bit counts. Breathe, Eat and Move. YOU GOT THIS! God's Blessings and Good job! Trasista4
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gill. This site is wonderful and helps give you so many tools to manage this. Plus all the support from "friends". Feel free to add me.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • NellyEleven
    Options
    Hello! i have had this account since the day my husband bought me my iphone, i have been using this app on and off for over a year lol but this week i really started to do it right and i honestly feel the difference. feel free to add me!:]
  • jacqui8100
    Options
    Welcome! You'll wonder how you ever managed without MFP..Good luck with it :)
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too. I love this site.
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just think of this as your new pal to go with you everywhere and help you stay on track. Just like in WW, you're making changes for life! So you'll have bad days and good days but just remember, "slow and steady" wins the race! You can friend me if you want. Like you I struggle but I'm hopeful!
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    How much do you need to lose?
  • ljg0
    ljg0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gill... it's nice to have you onboard! :)

17263137.png
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I LOVE myfitnesspal. A huge reason my diet has been successful so far is the community this website provides. I'm always looking for more friends! Feel free to add me!
  • chlokneb
    chlokneb Posts: 3
    Options
    I've also joined today... well rejoined after last summer! Becoming a student has made me put on so much weight, and I really struggle as well! Friend me if you like :) I don't have any friends yet and it's always nice to have others going through the same thing to encourage you!x
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will be successful with MFP! Please feel free to add me.
  • lucylubyloo
    lucylubyloo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :D the more friends the merrier!
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago and find it very helpful and friendly. I too lost weight on WW only to regain it when I lost my husband to cancer. I am now ready to focus on me and get my life healthier. I set a realistic, sustainable weight loss goal and so far, so good. The food tracking...and the exercise tracking help me be accountable to myself. Even if you are over your calories recommendation for the day...TRACK it. You will soon see you have more good days than less good (don't want to say "bad"). It all is a step in the right direction. Read the blogs and posts and learn from them, as I have. People are more than willing to help if you don't understand something. Good luck on your journey to good health! Feel free to add me to your friends list. We can encourage each other.

BTW: can anyone tell me what the post "bump" means following a posting. I don't get it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'd be happy to help motivate you so add me if you'd like. I am also a 'new' grandma to a 2 yr old boy and a 3 wk old girl. They are a blessing and you're right, fun to play with. Here's to good health and being able to play with them for many years! Good luck to you!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    At this site you can learn to eat differently. We keep gaining and losing because we want to starve the weight off and then go back to eating the way we did. Please use this site the way it is designed, eat the calories that it suggests plus your calories burned each day. You will lose weight and be able to eat all the foods that you love. There is no finish line so there is no need to hurry, just be consistent. That is the key. Best of luck to you. My diary is public so you can see what I'm talking about.
  • losermom135
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you.. Im new on here too :):smile:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You will love this site! Everyone is so helpful! Please feel free to add me!
  • srobertson47
    srobertson47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Susan profile name is srobertson47 i welcome you to the site i have been here every since January 2012 and let me tell you it's great enjoyable and very addictive you have supporters from all around the country supporting you and they are serious and lovable so i say get on board and lets burn those calories we that are here at my fitness pal are here for you day and night to cheer you on to your goal,and i would like to add you as a friend my email address is mam_ma23@yahoo.com add me and lets make this journey together.
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    chlokneb ... feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I believe encouragement from others can help us stay the course. Weight loss for most of us is a true up and down battle most of our lives. I've been traveling this road for more years than I like to count. Be good to yourself and get healthy when you are young. It's much, much more difficult when you reach "the golden years....yeah, right!" The lifestyle and eating habits you keep when you are young often come back to haunt you when you get older. So...now's the time kiddo! Go for it!