Controlled Carb Recipes

Options
LeanLioness
LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
We are starting a thread to input any of your tried and true Low Carb recipes that we can share in together to keep the pallette watering and so we don't get bored from eating the same old thing all the time.

Since most of us are doing some type of organized Low carb plan, please put what phase it is appropriate for...........

Ok, let's get to posting our Low Carb Recipes!!!!

:happy: :happy:

Replies

• LeanLioness
    Options
    We are starting a thread to input any of your tried and true Low Carb recipes that we can share in together to keep the pallette watering and so we don't get bored from eating the same old thing all the time.

Since most of us are doing some type of organized Low carb plan, please put what phase it is appropriate for...........

Ok, let's get to posting our Low Carb Recipes!!!!

:happy: :happy:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Bulk Sausage Recipe

Breakfast Sausage - Makes 5 lbs.

5 lbs. ground pork - I ground a pork loin, any cut of pork will do and grind it in your stand mixer with the grinding attachment, or your old-fashioned meat grinder!!
    2 tbsp. sea salt
    1 1/2 tbsp. sage
    1 1/2 tsp. thyme
    1/2 tsp. ginger
    3/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. white pepper
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/2 cup water

1. Combine the ground meat with all ingredients, mix/knead well. Taste test by cooking a small thin patty. Taste test by frying a small thin patty. Add more spices if needed at this time and remix. Taste test again if you feel it's necessary.

2. For bulk sausage simply form sausage patties or stuff into poly meat bags. Refrigerate fresh sausage up to a week or freeze until needed.

If you want to put it in casings for link sausage, follow the instructions for your caser machine..........
  • Khristi
    Khristi Posts: 3
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza-

1/2 cooked cauliflower
    equivalent to 1egg in egg beaters or 1 egg
    1/2cup low fat cheese
    optional pepperoni (veggetarian or otherwise)
    italian seasoning

heat oven to 450degrees Farenheit
    spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray

cook cauliflower to where it is soft enough to mash/mix with handmixer, drain it well so it's not soggy

in bowl combine cauli and egg, mix well, put on cookie sheet flatten out to desired thickness and bake at 450 for 12-15mins, longer to make it firmer.

add some tomatoe sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce, then add toppings, melt in oven for another minute or so and enjoy!!
  • Khristi
    Khristi Posts: 3
    Options
    HUGE portion of fritatta!

1 and 1/2 cups eggbeaters mix with low fat cheese and any veggies you wish, add some salt and pepper put it in a pie plate sprayed with non stick spray and bake for 30-35mins at 400degrees farenheit! It turns out huge!! Low calorie and low carb!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Got this from The South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. It's considered phase 1.

Easy Summer Chicken Chili

1 small avocado, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 small green bell pepper, chopped
    1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
    1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
    1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (14.5 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes, with juices
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes

In a small bowl, gently stir together avocado, lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chili powder, and cumin; stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables have begun to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, beans and tomatoes and their juices; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add chicken and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Return to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Divide chili among 4 bowls, top with avocado and serve.
    Makes 4 (2 cup) servings.

Cal: 380
    fat: 12g
    sat. fat: 2g
    protein: 36g
    carbs: 33g
    fiber: 10g
    sodium: 560mg
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Got this from the same book as my last post. Also a phase 1.

Grilled Shrimp Salad with Chile Lime Dressing

Shrimp:
    1 1/2 tablespoons EVOO
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    12 to 16 jumbo shrimp (1 to 1 1/2lbs) peeled, deveined, tails left on
    4 to 6 scallions, each cut into two (2 inch) pieces

Salad
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    2 tablespoons EVOO
    2 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground blk pepper
    salt
    4 cups mixed greens
    1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
    1 medium red bell pepper, diced

Special Equipment
    4 (12 inch) skewers

**For the shrimp: In a medium bowl, whisk together oil garlic and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and scallions and toss to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.

For the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, jalapenos, black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; let stand at room temperature while shrimp is marinating. In a large bowl, combine greens, avocado and bell pepper.

Generously coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high heat. Alternately thread shrimp and scallions onto 4 skewers. Lightly sprinkle shrimp and scallions with salt and grill, turning once and basting with any remaining marinade, until shrimp just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove shrimp and scallions from skewers and add to salad mixture. Add dressing and toss gently. Arrange salad on 4 plates and serve.
    Makes 4 (generous 2 cup) servings

Cal: 339
    Fat: 21.5g
    sat fat: 3g
    protein: 26g
    carbs: 12g
    fiber: 6g
    sodium: 262mg
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Gee Thanks Lioness. This will come in handy to refer too. I bought some Ground turkey I was going to make some sausage out of. Budt will keep my eye open for pork loin nest time. I wonder if the butcher will ground it up for me. They sliced one a couplel weeks ago.
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Gee Thanks Lioness. This will come in handy to refer too. I bought some Ground turkey I was going to make some sausage out of. Budt will keep my eye open for pork loin nest time. I wonder if the butcher will ground it up for me. They sliced one a couplel weeks ago.
    Caliecat

They probably will, just ask!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Grilled Asian Chicken

1/4 cup soy sauce
    4 teaspoons sesame oil
    2 tablespoons Splenda or DaVinci's SF syrup
    3 slices fresh ginger root (or substitute ginger spice)
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into strips
    How To Prepare: Mix all ingredients together and marinate chicken for 15 minutes. Pour everything into pan, add a splash of olive oil, simmer on stove until chicken is cooked and marinade carmelizes. Make sure to turn frequently so all sides absorb the marinade.

You can also do this on your out door grill. Place foil on your grill and pour everything on the foil (add you olive oil). This gives a great flavor!

I used hazelnut davinci's last time and it was wonderful. Pineapple would be delicious with this!

I make stir fry veggies to go with this!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    40 Cloves and a chicken

1 whole chicken(broiler/fryer) cut into 8 pieces
    1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoonsolive oil
    10 sprigs fresh thyme
    40 peeled cloves garlic
    Salt and pepper

How To Prepare:

Preheat oven to 350F.
    Season chicken with salt and pepper.
    Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan orskillet over high heat.
    Remove from heat and transfer to a shallow casserole dish.
    Add oil, thyme, and garlic cloves.
    Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours.
    Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10minutes, carve, and serve.

Phase 1 friendly!!
  • larthur
    larthur Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Grilled Asian Chicken

1/4 cup soy sauce
    4 teaspoons sesame oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    How To Prepare: Mix all ingredients together and marinate chicken for 15 minutes. Pour everything into pan, add a splash of olive oil, simmer on stove until chicken is cooked and marinade carmelizes. Make sure to turn frequently so all sides absorb the marinade.

You can also do this on your out door grill. Place foil on your grill and pour everything on the foil (add you olive oil). This gives a great flavor!

I used hazelnut davinci's last time and it was wonderful. Pineapple would be delicious with this!

Just checking, but can you substatute agave for the splenda?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza-

1/2 cooked cauliflower
    equivalent to 1egg in egg beaters or 1 egg
    1/2cup low fat cheese
    optional pepperoni (veggetarian or otherwise)
    italian seasoning

heat oven to 450degrees Farenheit
    spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray

cook cauliflower to where it is soft enough to mash/mix with handmixer, drain it well so it's not soggy

in bowl combine cauli and egg, mix well, put on cookie sheet flatten out to desired thickness and bake at 450 for 12-15mins, longer to make it firmer.

add some tomatoe sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce, then add toppings, melt in oven for another minute or so and enjoy!!

This sounds good. Will have yo try this. Love Pizza Thanks

Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Grilled Asian Chicken

1/4 cup soy sauce
    4 teaspoons sesame oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed

Just checking, but can you substatute agave for the splenda?

I am sure you can!!!

I used stevia in it last time and it tasted just as good.

I am weaning myself off the splenda products, because I have a blood sugar spike from the powdered splenda, but not the liquid that is in the Davinci's syrups.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    CalieCat - I like this pizza recipe better than the cauliflower crust pizza..........
    DEEP DISH PIZZA
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
    1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup pizza sauce
    4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
    Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings
    Can be frozen

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I have looked at a few of the recipes here and they can easily be made into low carb meals.

For instance, the penne ala vodka.

If you use DreamsField Penne, which is low carb pasta, then the rest of the recipe is low carb.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Love all of these recipes. My printer is in the shop and as soon as I et it back will be coping some of the. Boy do I missed that thing. Keep them coming. Thank you guys.

Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Love all of these recipes. My printer is in the shop and as soon as I et it back will be coping some of the. Boy do I missed that thing. Keep them coming. Thank you guys.

Caliecat

Look at some of the recipes that here in the recipe forum. We can do some minor substitutions and viola..............low carb recipes..........

I will be adding more as time permits me to do. I have quite the busy schedule with work and getting stuff done at home.
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you are eating low carb, I highly recommend Linda's low carb recipe collection at http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/updates6.html This is not a commercial website, but rather a personal website with Linda's review of each recipe.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    If you are eating low carb, I highly recommend Linda's low carb recipe collection at http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/updates6.html This is not a commercial website, but rather a personal website with Linda's review of each recipe.

Thanks Tim, I looked at that site a little and I like what I saw. I know tonight I will be haing the NuWave Eggs. Mine is not a new wave but work the same and I love it. Keep coming back and let ushear how you are doing. This just my second week so I have a lot to learn
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Yes, I have used some of her recipes................ Actually, the deep dish pizza is one that I have gotten from her.....

She is a member of the low carb website I belong to.