Aerobics DVDs

Options
Ok, so I got the Carmen Electra "Fit to Strip" disc 2 and I love it! If you haven't tried it, then do so!! No stripping in this disc, just getting you shaped up and toned enough to move on to the actual stripping... should you want to :noway: Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any favorite aerobic videos, because I am getting bored of the ones I have and it is such a hit or miss when purchasing!

:heart: Sammi

Replies

• angyltears
    Options
    Ok, so I got the Carmen Electra "Fit to Strip" disc 2 and I love it! If you haven't tried it, then do so!! No stripping in this disc, just getting you shaped up and toned enough to move on to the actual stripping... should you want to :noway: Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any favorite aerobic videos, because I am getting bored of the ones I have and it is such a hit or miss when purchasing!

:heart: Sammi
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Denise Austin - Boot Camp - Total Body Blast. There's a 20 minute work out for cardio interval training and a 20 minute strength training workout. There's also a 10 minute stretch/flexibility segment. She's motivating. You can also choose to do just one workout, all of them, or a mix and match of the 3.

Enjoy!
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been a exercise video junkie for many years now, and it is tough to find good ones that I want to keep using. I haven't tried Carmen Electra's yet, but maybe I'll give that a try. The whole dancing-stripping thing kinda scared me off, is it hard to follow along?
    I have bought a few of Kathy Smith's new dvd's both strength and cardio workouts, they are easy to follow along after one or two tries and I seem to get a good sweat!
    If you like adding weights to your cardio the Firm series are absolutely awesome! I have been using those for a few years and they are a tough, but great workout! ( you do need some extra equipment for those though)
    I just found a new dvd that I like, it is Leslie Sandston (?) Anyway it is a "walking" workout you can adjust the pace easily with this one, move faster, jump higher, or have a slow low day.
    I have started looking around in libraries for workout dvds, it gives me something different once in awhile, and I don't have to buy it! You might try that, we can even search and request stuff from multiple libraries from the local one in town.
    If I think of any other good ones I've tried I'll send you a message!
    Good luck!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    There's one I like, CRUNCH Cardio Sculpt, that combines cardio with strength training. It's actually pretty fun.
  • shana1875
    Options
    I have a couple dvd's but haven't used them:laugh: . On my cable tv there is a programs under health and fitness that has tons of exercise routines from aerobics to boot camps any where from 5 minute training--how to's--to full blown out 60 minute boot camps through exercise tv. Basically they are ways to try before you buy because most of the programs only last for a couple of weeks to a month but then they add new ones so I could either find one I really like or can can keep trying new ones. I enjoy the variety though and the not having to stick to one routine. The one I have been doing this week along with my strengthening exercises is called a 1 Mile Booster. It is walking a mile while using weights at home:wink: I don't have time for gyms with my crazy life so these definitly works for me:happy:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    Denise Austin's Female fat zones...
    It really kicks my butt... the first twenty minutes you'll need weights... the second half you'll need a stability ball... I am whooped before i get that far:ohwell:
  • opatt23
    Options
    I really like Winsor Pilates.
    It's like aerobics but it's great for flexibility and stretching your body. And you do feel stronger after you've done it.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I like a group of DVD's called THE FIRM. I have some of the original ones that came out 10 years ago that combine high impact aerobics, which can be modified with low impact, and weights, you'll need two sets because they increase the weight during the workout. I just bought a newer one and it's a little different, the aerobic part is low impact, tough but not too tough for beginners to actually do, and it has their step which is higher than my step. I like it enough to purchase their step this month. My concern is that I'm only 4' 11" so I have to be careful with the step up because I can really hurt myself. I love DVD's and can check them out at my local library. I also look at second hand store or yard sales.