10 min workout

Options
Someone told me about the 10 min workout. So I looked it up on youtube and did it. It wore me out. I can barely breathe now. I was just wondering is 10 mins enough for just beginning? Or do I need more?

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a 10 minute workout, you should be pushing yourself as hard as you can go. Lots of people swear by the concept of doing sprint-training, or short periods of 100% burst energy. Yes it does work but it's not the right approach for everyone.

If this works for you, you'll see results. If it doesn't, you won't. Most people I know who see results from sprinting make sure they are not completely sedentary for the rest of the day, and do more than one 10-minute sprint per day.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Anything that disrupts homeostasis will work for a beginner. Make sure to keep your focus on progress.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 10-25 minute workouts for a while now. I've seen more results than when I was going for an hour. BUT I do push myself to the limit. And I don't work at a sedentary job either, so I'm up and about all day after I work out.
    Try bodyrock.tv or Zuzka Light on youtube...they're awesome.