Shrimp and Vegetable Soup Yummy!!!!

Options
Shannon826
Shannon826 Posts: 4 Member
With a new home and new appliances and an overall new outlook at my life I've been experimenting with various recipes...all healthy and mostly sugar free due to my diabetic boyfriend. So Yesterday I made a shrimp and vegetable soup that was out of this world!!!! with only 100 calories a cup and merely a gram of fat, this soup can be eaten for up to week with proper storage.

Recipe:

1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can of black beans, 4 cups of vegetable broth (I used Emeril's organic veggie broth), a bag of frozen broccoli, 5 cups of spinach, a bag of 15 bean soup mix, as much baby shrimp as you want (I used bigger shrimp and they shrunk to about an inch in circumfrence and they were perfect),1 chopped carrots, 1 chopped celery (you can totally include the leafy part), 1 onion, combine everything except shrimp, stew on high covered stirring regularly for half hour, add about 2 cups of water, some salt pepper and garlic powder (I used fresh and just minced it right into the pot) and simmer on low covered for about 2 hours adding the shrimp half way through. and Voila! so good! Really you can add anything you want to this...the recipe I followed had potatoes in it but I decided not to use them...because I for some reason can never ever follow a recipe ;) If you try this let me know how you like it

Replies