beginners

I have just started exercising last week when I finally got my gym pass through the school. I been doing 20mins. of bicycling and 20-40mins on the elliptical. Also some strength training. I weight 165 and im 5'3. An I was wondering if anyone could help me determine what other things or goals I should be trying to lose this weight?

Replies

• antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    First of all congratulations on starting your journey. You are well on your way to better health and more confidence than you can imagine.

Second as far as goals are concerned you shouldn't allow anyone to tell you what they should be. How to achieve them is however is a different story.

Considering reaching your goals don't put a time limit on your goal(s), just go for it and make it happen. Look at your new venture as a LIFESTYLE change otherwise the weight you are attempting to lose, you'll gain half or all of it back over a period of time. For some people it helps to have a visual goal instead of a "number goal"

Is there a public figure you desire your body to emulate?

Personally I advocate at least one cheat day per week in which you can have your favorite foods in moderation. This day MUST be a HEAVY workout day and following a normal workout day. Eventually you'll no longer desire that cheat day because you will become hyper focused on your goals simply due to dedication and regimentation.

Consider taking a good quality supplement to your nutrition. Protein is essential for you because of the duration of your workout especially because you are adding strength training to your routine. For your weight loss goal you'll need a Whey Protein that has zero fat, zero carbs, and low calories consumed BEFORE 30 minutes have expired after your workouts. Visit your local GNC or Super Supplements if you live in the states. I'd also consider adding vitamin B-12, Chromium, Citramax, and L-Carnitine AFTER you've consulted with your doctor. If your doctor gives you the O.K. to add those vitamins/supplements to your diet make sure you consume LOTS of WATER daily while using them. The combination of those supplements will increase your metabolism, energy, and decrease your water weight; this is why you'll need LOTS of water.

Again congratulations on your new lifestyle!!! In about 2 weeks or less your clothes will start fitting better and in 3 weeks - 4 weeks people will begin to notice something is different about you.