Food to Avoid Bloating?

Options
Cobb_66
Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
Hi all!! I have a formal event tonight and I was wondering what foods would be best to eat today (besides the large banquet meal tonight - yummy) in order to avoid any form of bloating. Just so I look that much better in my dress haha. I know this sounds silly. But I have IBS and as such bloating is something I'm very very self conscious about.
Thank you!!

Replies

• MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what the correct answer for this is .... but i will say tht carbs bloat me out immediately so maybe as few of these as you can. have fun!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Don't drink too much water, but drink enough to stay hydrated.
    Go for a jog/run if you can - sometimes that's the best de-bloater.

Avoid carbs definitely, even starchy vegetables like potatoes, broccoli, and carrots.
    Avoid fiber too, and legumes/beans.

Basically, eat lots of yummy citrus fruits, If you like trail mix, that's a great snack to get you through until the banquet!
  • JamieOhh
    JamieOhh Posts: 5
    Options
    is brocolli considered a starch??
  • journeysover
    Options
    I don't know how true it is but I've heard Cucumbers are good for that.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Beans cause bloating because of the gas effect. Certain veggies like broccoli. Gluten can also cause bloating as well as dairy.

I recommend that you just eat really small meals throughout the day.....which is a good idea to do anyway.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you do not have a health food store close by, I suggest beano first. If you do have a health food store, go in and ask for some diegestive enzymes and some HCL (the hcl will help your IBS, it is the acid that breaks down your food).

I suffered for years and years with IBS and the doctors were giving me crap medicine. I finally talked to a homeopathic nutritionist and she suggested I get some HCL and enzymes, CHANGED MY LIFE!

Good luck and I hope you have some fun.