Any tips to avoid eating out of boredom?

Options
staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
Well I think that's what it is anyway. I've done awesome today for the most part...eating healthy, making good choices, etc. But now I'm studying for finals and my mind keeps wandering to food. It's really hard not to think about food when my mind gets on it and I have to really try to refocus on studying. Any tips out there??

Replies

• staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well I think that's what it is anyway. I've done awesome today for the most part...eating healthy, making good choices, etc. But now I'm studying for finals and my mind keeps wandering to food. It's really hard not to think about food when my mind gets on it and I have to really try to refocus on studying. Any tips out there??
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    If I find myself walking to the fridge I grab a bottle of water. I will also walk my dog around the block so I am concentrating on something else.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    plain popcorn is good!
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way when it comes to studying. The only solution I found was to go to the university library on a floor where food is not allowed. the effort required to pack up my laptop and other study materials just to grab a snack was totally not worth it! Also, I chewed gum and always had a drink handy.
    Now, I still haven't mastered not eating out of boredom at home... Staying active tends to be best. Cleaning, yardwork, walking the dog, etc. Also, I starting making sugar free jello. It's low calorie and sweet, which helps me out quite a bit!
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    Grab some fruit. prepare servings of gruit and vegetables in ziplock bags and put them in the fridge. when you feel like munching there they are. They also have 100 cal bags of kettle corn if you like it. It's just enough for a snack when studying.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem... what i do is either grab a bottle of water and sip on it or i grab a cucumber which has no calories and eat that... it works fine because its my impulse to eat chips when im studying so its the new chips for me...