Replies

• gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Looking fabulous!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually have lost 21lb since I started this journey and have lost 11 since I joined MFP.

My calorie goal started out at 1200 but I was having a hard time with it. I got to a point where I was staying the same so I increased my calories to 1450.

I started out going to the gym doing 20-30 min of cardio with 20 min strength training 4 to 5 times a week. The gym got to expensive and my classes required more time of me so it was not an option. I got JM 30 day shred video and along with that did 20-30 min of cardio inc things like walking,skiing, stationary bike. 30 day shred did great things for me as far as toning.

I never could do a pushup to save my life and after 30 day shred I am now able to do around 10-15!!!

so how did you decide what to put your calories up to? what made you think 1450?
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I changed my goal from trying to lose a lb a week to half a pound a week and thats what it changed me to

Thanks everyone! I actually have lost 21lb since I started this journey and have lost 11 since I joined MFP.

My calorie goal started out at 1200 but I was having a hard time with it. I got to a point where I was staying the same so I increased my calories to 1450.

I started out going to the gym doing 20-30 min of cardio with 20 min strength training 4 to 5 times a week. The gym got to expensive and my classes required more time of me so it was not an option. I got JM 30 day shred video and along with that did 20-30 min of cardio inc things like walking,skiing, stationary bike. 30 day shred did great things for me as far as toning.

I never could do a pushup to save my life and after 30 day shred I am now able to do around 10-15!!!

so how did you decide what to put your calories up to? what made you think 1450?
  • chinowitz
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! And thank you for the post. You've renewing my hope and determination. I began MFP 3 weeks ago and getting discouraged that I've barely lost 2 lbs so far. I was at almost the same starting point as you (I was 5'0' and 135llbs) and my goal is to lose 15-20 lbs.. I have to keep reminding myself that it took years to put on these extra pounds, so I can't expect they'll melt off in days! Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Thanks for the boost!!! And good luck on getting to your next goal! You are an inspiration!
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have 11lbs to go and hoping for similar results!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks amazing! Good work!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal from trying to lose a lb a week to half a pound a week and thats what it changed me to

wow i am so glad that worked for you. I did the same for the month of feb, i changed my from 1-.5 loss as i was only loosing .5 anyway... once i did that i started to actually gain, so i am at my bmr now of 1252, so we will see how the month of march goes with a bit less but more then 1200...
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that it feels sooooooooooooooooooo great to say those three words!
  • shawnabug
    shawnabug Posts: 12
    Options
    I did it! I lost 10 lb in a little over 4 months. I am 5'1 and started at 135 and am currently 123.8 which is under my goal weight! Hope the pictures work =)

Before front:

6huib6.jpg

After front:

6zu352.jpg

Before side:

15qf2bb.jpg

After side:

dxh0zo.jpg

Before Blah:

2ih2xyb.jpg

Today!!!:

rthylg.jpg

WOW awesome! I am glad to see these bc i am about right where you were in the first shots!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You even look taller!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's great...you look amazing!!!
  • armywifeandmom
    armywifeandmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wtg!!!
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job, Girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!