plateau already?

Options
So, I lost 15 pounds in about 7 weeks and then all of sudden I stopped losing weight. I've been fluctuating between 200.6 and 198.5 for 2 weeks now. Is this normal to plateau so quickly?

Replies

• jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's exactly when I plateaued :frown: I've lost 17lbs since 1/1 and the scale hasn't moved in 2½ weeks. I'm just trying to keep eating well and working out anyways and hoping it'll start moving again soon. Good luck, I know it's super frustrating! :flowerforyou:
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • QuixoticPanda
    QuixoticPanda Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds and have already plateaued. How sad is that?! I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and eating the same, yet I've stayed within 1-2 pounds of my current weight. For almost 2 weeks. MEH.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I had a but of a plateau recently too. Are you eating back your workout calories? My problem was that I was afraid to, but when I started all was right with the world again. Plus I got to eat more :)
  • todoparami
    todoparami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks for posting it.
    For all those who didn't go to the site here is the best part of it;

You may need to consume more calories if:
    · You exercise regularly (4+ times per week), strength train 2-3 times per week, and are on a calorie-restricted diet, but you do not consume the minimum calories plus most or all of the calories you burn through exercise
    · You consume less than 1200 at least once a week
    · You consume less than 1500 calories most days of the week
    · You regularly consume fewer calories than your BMR (basal metabolic rate)
    · You have headaches, lethargy, aches, and/or lack of concentration
    You may need to change cardiovascular work if:
    · You are mostly sedentary
    · You engage in cardiovascular work fewer than 4 times per week
    · Your cardiovascular workouts last shorter than 20 minutes
    · Your heart rate does not remain in the 55-70% max. range at least two times per week
    · Your heart rate does not remain in the 70-85% max. range at least three times per week
    You may need to modify strength training if:
    · You do not currently engage in strength training
    · Your weights seem very light, thereby not stressing your muscles
    · You have reached your goal weight, but still feel “flabby”