Wii - hot or hype?

Options
2»

Replies

• blackbeltfairy
    Options
    I haven't tried WiiFit yet, but I have played WiiSports. I totally believe that you can get a reasonable amount of exercise by playing.

This is based on the fact that every time my friends and I get into Wii Boxing, I end up sweaty and seriously out of breath. That, and my biceps hurt for days afterwards.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I love my wii. WiiFit is a great way to get moving or get some exercise in on a cold/rainy day. My Fitness Coach is awesome for those days where you want a real workout.

The lego games are great fun. Get a wii if you ever have more people around than just yourself, because the party games are just awesome - heck, even wiifit can be a good party game. There's also some great games which aren't party oriented as well... just a great mix.
  • megan145
    megan145 Posts: 67
    Options
    I love my Wii and Wii Fit :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I love all the action in playing the games and God knows my flabby arms need the exercise lol :laugh:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit!! And My Fitness Coach, too!

I just pre-ordered EA Sports Active and an extra accessory pack so that my husband and I can do it together. I'm really excited about it.

I'm so glad we got a Wii. My husband and I are both gamers and once I heard about the Wii Fit, I had to have it. I'm glad we did, too.

I really like the boxing games. My husband and I just purchased a new boxing game last night. I'm looking forward to trying it out after work tonight.

I also heard Jillians game was terrible. I won't be purchasing that one....but I think I might try the golds gym one (I have to research it first).
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    I :heart: my Wii!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    HI There ;)

Love the wii... I like the wii fit for weighing but I just got My Fitness Coach and it kicks serious booty ! Love it :)

I work out with BeachBody products, currently on CE.. but been adding in my fitness coach for extra ;)

And the Jillian Michaels dvd, I had high hopes for it but it was terrible :( Wasted money on that one.. you can check the reviews on amazon...

So ... I say get the Wii

Do you need Wii fit for the My Fitness Coach or can you just use your regular Wii
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    April, you only need the regular wii for My Fitness Coach
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I also have a Wii and I love it! :heart: :heart: I even have my mom hooked on it! So far we really get into the bowling and tennis. I have not purchased a Wii Fit yet but I love the regular games!!