17 day diet close to goal weight

I'm just starting the 17 day diet in order to lose the last bit of weight. I'm not morbidly obese, I work out a fair amount and am pretty active and trying this to eat a bit cleaner and try and lose fast before vacation. I see people losing like ten to fifteen lbs in the first cycle...trouble is, they all have a lot of weight to lose. Any one close to a goal weight and on this diet have good success?? Just wondering what I should expect. Thanks!

Replies

• Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    BUMP
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    I'm just starting the 17 day diet in order to lose the last bit of weight. I'm not morbidly obese, I work out a fair amount and am pretty active and trying this to eat a bit cleaner and try and lose fast before vacation. I see people losing like ten to fifteen lbs in the first cycle...trouble is, they all have a lot of weight to lose. Any one close to a goal weight and on this diet have good success?? Just wondering what I should expect. Thanks!

I just started 17 day diet (16 days ago). I have about 15 more lbs to lose to get to my goal. This really works if you stick to it,. I am about to start cycle 2 tomorrow. although i have veered off the path a little I have lost about 8lbs on the first cycle. I will do my final weigh in for cycle 1 tomorrow morning. I say go for it.. I am in a wedding in July and figured this was a great way to kick that plateau. :)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    You won't drop the same amount of weight in Cycle 1 as people who have a lot to lose, but you will drop weight. For me it averaged out at app. 1.5 lbs a week over the three cycles (a hair under 8 lbs in Cycle 1), which is really good as I'm perimenopausal and hypothyroid AND have a BMI at the high end of the normal range (I want to get back to my ideal weight).

The crucial point for me isn't the speed with which I'm losing but the fact that this is balanced and sustainable and doesn't feel like a diet. It's more like knowing how to make the right choice about the food you put in your mouth--and I'm never hungry! :happy:
  • what is the 17 day diet?
  • courtnoga
    courtnoga Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the insight everyone. Today is day number 3 of cycle one for me, and stepping on the scale I'm already down 2.2 lbs. I didn't record it yet, as I had just had a slight increase I didn't record (probably due to TOM water weight) and its not my weekly weigh in day.

It is a very sustainable eating plan. I haven't had the urge to inflict bodily harm on anyone out of hunger. I always am feeling satisfyingly full!
  • sabinecbauer
    You'll want to check out the 17 Day Diet Facebook page. Any kind of insights, advice, answers, and recipes (!) you could possibly want you'll find on there. Fun people, too--they take this seriously without being grim about it, if you know what I mean :wink: Plus some tremendous success stories :happy:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    I m on day 2 of the 17 day diet and i was down 2.2 lbs this morning from yesterday!! it has taken me forever to lose lately as i m just not motivated to pay attention to what i was eating or exercising!!(too much stress in my life right now) So far i am not hungry, ready to kill anyone or in a bad mood!! So i am hoping i can keep it going and move onto cycle 2 and be near my goal weight!! i only hve 14.8 lbs to lose now to get to my goal weight!!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    I'm considering this diet.......just got the book. any pointers?
  • sabinecbauer
    Like I said above, check out the 17 Day Diet Facebook page. Really solid info, and a massive amount of support.

In general terms, make sure you're getting enough calories. 1200 kcal minimum per day is the goal, and if you're just going by the meal plans suggested in the book, you'll have trouble getting there. So the rule of thumb is to stick with the list of foods suggested for each cycle, but not necessarily with the meal plans (and to be perfectly honest, Dr. Moreno came up with a brilliant diet, but bless him! He sucks in the kitchen :wink:). Over on the Facebook page you can get recipe suggestions and links to a 17DD recipe site. I'd also suggest you get yourself some whey protein powder (comes in different flavors, including chocolate); it's what I use to bump up my calorie intake.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Today is my day 3 and so far LOVING IT!!!! Not feeling hungry, no cravings and plenty of energy!! I'm down 2.4 lbs already! Tomorrow I'm gonna cook up some ground turkey chili, sloppy joes and taco meat and probably some chicken vege soup. This oughta set me on the right start for a successful week. Oh, I'll get my veggies cut up too!

I saw a recipe too for turkey sausage from scratch! That would be so YUMMY with an egg omelet or crumbled with scrambled eggs and a slice of fat free cheese. If I have enough turkey and all the spices I'll give that one a whirl........

Have just enough days to complete first 2 cycles before I go on a cruise with my family. Won't be at goal but I'll get a good jump on things!!!!!! Hopefully.... ;)
  • Thanks for the info - how/when do you use the protein powder and are you concerned about the sugar in the powder? Thanks!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    The protein powders I have only have 2-3 grams of sugar. I get mine at Sams.........
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Thanks for the info - how/when do you use the protein powder and are you concerned about the sugar in the powder? Thanks!

My protein powder (which I only recently re-Introduced to my diet) is 110 cal, 25g protein, 1g of fat, 0g sugar. ...And boy! It is not sweet or in any way good tasting.