How often do you???

Options
cryt11
cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
hi everyone,

Had a bad day today, went way over my calories probably by 1000!

How often do you guys fall off the bandwagon??:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Replies

• cryt11
    Options
    hi everyone,

• lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    All the time. I jest get back on.....:wink:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I havent fallen off the "wagon" so far because there is no wagon..we are human we make mistakes ..we also have the ability to make better choices next time...its when you keep making them...thats when issues arise....go for a walk....when youve eaten too much and make the next meal better...:drinker:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was horrible this weekend but I haven't done that since New Years. It was fun for one weekend. I just had to remind myself that it is so easy to gain a little back at a time. I am back on track again.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Rarely. I've been at this for 3.5 mos and I've only gone over a lot a few times - once because I didn't check ahead of time for what cals were in the food, and we ate out... second and third times was just because the food was so good and so high cal, worked that off in the gym later those days... and this weekend, I had cake a few times and knew I was over my cals but that was a choice I made, and it was not a screwup but a choice. (We had a big party.)

It's easier if you log your calories ahead of time for the whole day, so you know how much and when you can eat. And if you go over, work it off at the gym the same day.

A trick I learned for days when I'm not working out and the cals I"m allowed is very low, is Smart Ones microwave meals. They're between 200-300 cals usually and I eat that and fruit for lunch and that makes all the difference for me in being able to stay within cals. Sometimes I eat them for dinner too.

I work out nearly every day just so that I can eat and be satisfied, it's very hard on days I don't work out to stay within cals. When I work out a lot, I am not as hungry and barely can eat the cals I'm supposed to. Not sure why that is. But when I don't work out, I feel like I'm starving all the time and it's extremely difficult to eat right.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have been going strong for 12 weeks and haven't went over- In my plan it isn't acceptable to go over-
    I don't eat foods that will throw me over anyway--

But since you went over knock out a workout before you go to bed-

If you don't mind me asking what did you eat to go over 1,000 calories were you not logging your food after you ate it? Or you just didn't care.

You shouldn't eat because of a bad day thats where a *kitten* kicking workout comes in it relieves stress- next time you get pissed instead of grabbing food for relief hit a punching bag or hit the pavement or go hit the weights
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I did yesterday...In April, I was doing really well, but I was also part of the "No late night snacking" challenge on this site, and it kept me motivated. After yesterday night, when I snacked 1000 cal on junk food to make me feel happier (it didn't, btw), I joined again the May challenge and I won't eat after 8 pm. I know if I do that, I will be better off!!!!
    It happens, don't beat yourself up, but let yourself remember how "bad" it felt, instead of good. It will help you next time! When do you eat too much? Overall, or certain times of the day, or in certain situations? It will help you if you figure out (like me, I eat at nigth to get rid of stress...like it helps......)

Good luck!!
  • verifire
    verifire Posts: 44
    Options
    i go over once a week. on purpose. for two reasons: 1) i read in Eating for Life that this prevents your body from adjusting to a low calorie intake by metabolizing slower 2) i can put off sweets the rest of the week knowing that I can go over on Tuesdays, and when I go WAY over, i don't have to "get back on track" since it was all part of the plan. so i never feel out of control. if you do the same, today was just the day you increase your calorie intake. see you next Tuesday ;)
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    i have gone over once or twice but they were accasions when I didn't have much control over the food ,like my in-laws house. So I just make sure I eat really healthy and do a little extra on my work out. I think more than anything it has to do with balance. We all will go over at one point or anther but if you balance it your body will recover and there won't be any long term stuff to deal with.

But you have to find the tricks that work for you. I know that if I eat good I can have dark chocolate because its good for me and has less sugar than milk. I have found that I love yoga and not much else in the way of work outs so I just throw my heart into it. That's all it really takes finding what you love and going for it.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

1000? holy crapola, I hope you at least enjoyed them! :happy: can't say i've ever gone over that many.
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    More then I should, but since I'm eating a 1000 less then I would to maintain my current weight, I'm still doing good as long as I only do it occasionally. (the only advantage to being fat is I can eat like a horse and not gain weight :laugh: ). all I know is I'm still losing weight so I don't beat myself up to much. One thing I would suggest is to continue to enter EVERYTHING you eat into your journal. It will help you identify any patterns there might be. From the reports I've noticed that I'm having more days with a surplus then I did at first, which helps on the days I do go over.

Good luck,
  • weasleman42
    weasleman42 Posts: 90
    Options
    A couple times per month by a lot, but it is balanced by the rest of the month. As long as you stick to the routine, a few slips won't hurt. We all need to eat what we want every now and then. Good luck!
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    hi everyone,

It must have been the day. I went over by 509!:embarassed:

For me, I cracked another plateau, and rewarded myself. It was on purpose, sort of.:blushing: The only thing I wasn't over on was sodium, so at least I won't fight water retention. That being said, I was still under my maintenance calories, just not my goal calories. If I were you, look at those, and see how much over maintenance you were, then get back on the horse.:wink:
  • cryt11
    Options
    i snacked alot at work, worked till 930 pm then once I logged it all it bad! Thanks to everyone for the responses
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've gone over by as much as 2000 in one day, easily.
    You try to fix that day, if you can. Go for a walk... or run... or 5 hour workout to burn off those cals.
    Or if you are a late night eater like me and there is no way to go for a midnight jog while the kiddo is in bed, you lament the day and vow to do better the next day, and the next and the next and the next.

One day won't make or break your weight loss.
    But 'one day' can't happen a lot or it will greatly inhibit your weight loss, imo.

:flowerforyou:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I do on occasion too. THis past weekend we had n kids so we went to dinner, had some drinks, ate lunch out ect. I know i was over eventhough I made good choices but I didnt sweat it bc we all deserve to give ourselves a break once in a while.