What do you find yourself doing since...

Options
kanmuri
kanmuri Posts: 112
...you lost weight? Wether you've reached your goal or not, do you do things now that you never or barely did before?

Me, I find myself looking at my reflection in every surface and liking what I see. Before I lost weight, I hated to look at my reflection.

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Running! I never ran in my life, then after losing 80 pounds I started walking more and then started running to get the last 30 to 40 pounds off.

I started running in May of 2009 at age 39... and since then have run 5 half marathons and I'm now training for my sixth. I am still amazed at the end of each of my runs, whether its 3 miles or 13, that I am capable of running. Me! I never would have believed it...
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself in the mirror. Not in a "I'm so hot" sort of way but just that my face is a lot more slim now and I have noticable jaw line now.

I proably flex the guns inthe mirror more often now just to see if there is any progress and once in a while when my 4 year old daughter says, "Gun show Daddy! Gun show!".
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Definitely the looking in the mirror part. I remember I used to cry at my reflection because I've never been this size before. I was used to being tiny! Then, after I stopped being a whining, I did something about it. 20lbs lighter, and I love looking at myself in the mirror. Not in a vain way, but in a "I'm actually doing it, I'm actually getting healthy" way. I've tried to lose my baby weight numerous times, but this is the LONGEST I've stuck with it.

I also love jogging/running now. I used to be one of those who cringed at the thought, lol
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Running for me too! Who knew the runners high was a real thing?!

Also, I've noticed, as I get stronger all over that I can feel my body's mechanics more now than I ever remember, especially the core muscles. I can really feel my abs and obliques kick in when I'm doing simple things like running supplies down to my husband when he's working in the basement or even housework. Amazing!
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    going on the scale more to see if I've lost any weight! Just starting and wanting to see the results!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Cumberbatch. :love:

I've just started the C25k, so I'd go for "running" as my answer too. This is how it makes me feel:

Pq6sc.gif
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Actually wanting to work out instead of forcing myself to do it!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    <----Taking pictures of random body parts.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I find myself appreciating myself a lot more, looking forward to working out and enjoying healthy foods instead of craving junk.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Spending a lot of time in skimpy workout clothes at the house or just my underwear. It sounds really vain, but I'm just so excited to have a new body that I just can't help but look!! I've never felt proud of my body in my entire life and I just check myself out all the time to make sure it's real lol. God, I sound ridiculous!! Sorry!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Running, looking in the mirror a lot more, buying nicer (and smaller) clothes, wearing heels again, smiling at strangers, more confident in general.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Running, flirting and being in pics.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Noticing other things I dislike that were previously eclipsed by being fat, like my belly is too flabby, my face is weird, my hair is too thin :grumble: Seriously I need to get a grip and have a wee word with myself!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    I got way more into how I dress, I don't freak out passing by shop windows anymore, I do more things with my friends!