People who go to gym 2-3 days and wonder why they don't see

Options
2»

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    SOme people don't have the education in fitness to realize this. Why don't we try to support them instead of making them feel stupid for not knowing something. A lot of us have been around this block a long time. Lets give them a hug and tell them good job, keep up the hard work.. even if it is 5 min on a machine and 5 min walking around... They are there, they arn't sitting on their couch eating bowls of peanut butter ice cream while watching Biggest Loser. Sheesh give people a break.

People don't need to always be coddled, that's what has gotten some of us in the boat to start with. Sometimes the things you don't want to hear are what you need to hear. You can't expect results after 2 days.

Its not about coddling, its about getting help and feeling supported from an online support community and not mad to feel stupid. I didn't say don't say it, just say it in a way that doesn't make it seem like you are above that person.

I'm just saying that if after only 2 days you are questioning what you are doing for not seeing results there is a dedication issue. People are asking questions that down inside they have to know the answer to. I've always been a to the point type of person on my views and answers. If you need motivation and coddled there is the motivation section if you ask a fitness question you should get a straight answer. It's one of those, come on man, you know that answer.

Now a couple people asked about gaining weight from working out and etc. I understand those questions, but a couple have been I went to the gym for 3 days in a row and I don't see a difference in the mirror at all. Those are the ones that tard me out, easy enough if you don't like what I say, click the triangle and ignore me. My feelings don't get hurt about it. People don't always mesh well, not a big deal!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    SOme people don't have the education in fitness to realize this. Why don't we try to support them instead of making them feel stupid for not knowing something. A lot of us have been around this block a long time. Lets give them a hug and tell them good job, keep up the hard work.. even if it is 5 min on a machine and 5 min walking around... They are there, they arn't sitting on their couch eating bowls of peanut butter ice cream while watching Biggest Loser. Sheesh give people a break.

People don't need to always be coddled, that's what has gotten some of us in the boat to start with. Sometimes the things you don't want to hear are what you need to hear. You can't expect results after 2 days.

Maybe if you had worded your OP a little differently there wouldn't have been so much confusion about what you actually wrote vs what you meant to say.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Maybe if you had worded your OP a little differently there wouldn't have been so much confusion about what you actually wrote vs what you meant to say.

Agreed.
  • cbush0315
    cbush0315 Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree 100% percent with everything you're saying. I also feel that the fact that some people are not understanding what exactly you are ranting about irritates me equally. He's not saying people that JUST go to the gym to try to lose weight and don't are annoying. He's talking about the people who decide to lose weight, go to the gym for a total of one week after they decide to lose weight, and get mad when they haven't lost any weight.

Right there with you!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    maybe i am just extra grumpy, but your rant seemed to make me feel grumpier. exercise is wonderful - excellent in fact. if someone can only make it to the gym *gasp* 2-3 days a week...that is awesome! this does not mean they are not possibly, working out at home, walking, jogging, etc...

there are so many different scenarios and situations out there.

...and when it comes down to it, one's food choices/diet has a ton to do with whether or not one loses scale weight.

It doesn't bother me if they can only make it to the gym 2-3 days a week. It bothers me when they complain about not seeing results.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    People are miss reading the post.. See the part about not seeing results and getting discouraged AFTER 2 days at the gym. Not going for 2-3 days a week steadily.

I got ya, but the subject line is confusing to your post and creating wedgied undergarments....
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    This rant is for people who starting going to the gym for 2-3 days and wonder why they don't see a change after 2-3 days of going to the gym.

Really... I see a post like that almost on a daily basis. Each time I cringe a bit. You went to the gym for a couple days for the first time and stepped on the scale and haven't seen a huge different in weight loss. Are you kidding me? Really, you are really going to ask that question outloud? 2 - 3 days total isn't enough time to see a difference. If you do those 2-3 days consistently for a bit you will a difference.

If you work out you will see a change, it's not something that happens over night, it hakes many hours of sweat and determination to get what you want from the gym. It's well worth it, if you are questioning that after 2 days you better check your motivation as it sounds like it's got some holes in it.

There is no stupid questions, but there are questions that aren't thought out very well.

/rant off.

Why do I picture you looking all coked up, goggles on spitting this out a mile a minute like you should be on an infomercial somewhere?
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I agree 100% percent with everything you're saying. I also feel that the fact that some people are not understanding what exactly you are ranting about irritates me equally. He's not saying people that JUST go to the gym to try to lose weight and don't are annoying. He's talking about the people who decide to lose weight, go to the gym for a total of one week after they decide to lose weight, and get mad when they haven't lost any weight.

Right there with you!

Bingo, I do think I maybe didn't word it the best.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    This rant is for people who starting going to the gym for 2-3 days and wonder why they don't see a change after 2-3 days of going to the gym.

Really... I see a post like that almost on a daily basis. Each time I cringe a bit. You went to the gym for a couple days for the first time and stepped on the scale and haven't seen a huge different in weight loss. Are you kidding me? Really, you are really going to ask that question outloud? 2 - 3 days total isn't enough time to see a difference. If you do those 2-3 days consistently for a bit you will a difference.

If you work out you will see a change, it's not something that happens over night, it hakes many hours of sweat and determination to get what you want from the gym. It's well worth it, if you are questioning that after 2 days you better check your motivation as it sounds like it's got some holes in it.

There is no stupid questions, but there are questions that aren't thought out very well.

/rant off.

Why do I picture you looking all coked up, goggles on spitting this out a mile a minute like you should be on an infomercial somewhere?

I'm not sure, but have you seen this new food chopper thing.. It's AMMMAZZZZING!!! Look no hands!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    1275654605306.jpg
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Or the ones who do 5 minutes of working out, 10 minutes of walking from one machine to another, another 5 minutes of talking, get a drink of water, do another 5 minutes of working out and then claim they were at the gym for 30 minutes. Drives me nuts, just stay the hell home.

LOL. Had an experience with one of these not too long ago.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    agreeeeed.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    But wouldn't it be good if it did work like that :laugh:

lol if it were that easy, everybody would be in amazing shape
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    maybe i am just extra grumpy, but your rant seemed to make me feel grumpier. exercise is wonderful - excellent in fact. if someone can only make it to the gym *gasp* 2-3 days a week...that is awesome! this does not mean they are not possibly, working out at home, walking, jogging, etc...

there are so many different scenarios and situations out there.

...and when it comes down to it, one's food choices/diet has a ton to do with whether or not one loses scale weight.

he never said going 2-3 days a week, he said someone that only goes for 2-3 days and expects instant results.
    And amen on the nutrition! Thats 90% of the battle!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    People are miss reading the post.. See the part about not seeing results and getting discouraged AFTER 2 days at the gym. Not going for 2-3 days a week steadily.

I got ya, but the subject line is confusing to your post and creating wedgied undergarments....

Agreed. I was about to start bobbing my head at you and putting my finger in your face. But now I see what you are sayin.
  • OhLivoil
    Options
    So how long does it take then? Agreed 3 days is a little premature to see results, but 3 days at the gym might be across 7 days of dieting, so in one week you could actually be expected to see a result, even if its the initial water weight many speak of. Maybe you could get off your soap box and suggest what realistic expectations are, rather than bagging someone new for not knowing what you spruik you do.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    So how long does it take then? Agreed 3 days is a little premature to see results, but 3 days at the gym might be across 7 days of dieting, so in one week you could actually be expected to see a result, even if its the initial water weight many speak of. Maybe you could get off your soap box and suggest what realistic expectations are, rather than bagging someone new for not knowing what you spruik you do.

Everyone results are going to be different. If you are dieting for 7 days and been working out and you don't see results you should stick to it for one more week. After that if you still don't see results I'd suggest changing your nutrition a bit or work out a little bit more. Try that, if you still don't see results then keep adjusting. You have to find the sweet spot for your body.