In need of Motivation

Hello out there. I've been a member of MFP since October, but I'm kind of stuck right now. I've been through a weight loss journey before about 12 yrs ago. It was much easier then because I was younger. I'm just sending out this request for some support on this new journey. I could use all the help I can get!! Thanks

Replies

• Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Unfortunately I am terrible at motivation. All I can think of is rah, rah, ree, kick them in the knee...

Hope that helps!

By the way, if that is you in the picture, you have a great smile...I look like a freak when I do full smiles; but I'm happy with my smirk.
    You are almost half way, according to your ruler...I'm still on the starting block. If it makes you feel better, I'll use you as my motivation...I can reach that point, if I am faithful and don't stop movin.

Have a great day!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Unfortunately I am terrible at motivation. All I can think of is rah, rah, ree, kick them in the knee...

Hope that helps!

OMG that is terrible! LOL never heard that one before
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    you CAN do this. add me if you want.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    MFP is the place for motivation !! Good luck ..... You want to do this so you are halfway there x
  • jj39
    jj39 Posts: 2
    You are doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work...I am trying to lose so I look better for my youngest sons wedding, I have lost 20.8 pounds since Jan 2. What are your diet secrets? I am trying to eat 1000 calories or less a day and riding a recumbent bike.
  • - You have such a good start! 27 lbs! Don't quit now!
    - It is quite likely that if you stop now you will gain back more than you just lost because new habits have not been formed.
    -You also have not had the opportunity to see what normal/healthy really looks like for you. Do you really want to start all over again the next time you long to experience that?
    - What will quiting do to your self-perception? Will you see yourself as someone who can't follow through? Someone without self-control? Will it only turn up the volume of that "I'm a failure" voice that overweight people carry around?
    - Are your goals realistic? Do you need to choose to loose weight at a slower rate so that you can actually "live" within yhour daily calorie limit?

Get this book "The Willpower Instinct" by Kelly McGonigal . It is available through Amazon, or as an audiobook through Audible.com .
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Feel free to add me. We can work to help keep each other on track!
  • It seems your numbers are pretty realaistic. You have lost a good amount since October. That is GREAT. Sometimes our body adjusts to exercise and maybe bump up to some strength training? You are doing a fantasdtic job. Keep it up!
  • rpelley
    rpelley Posts: 5 Member
    Pick three words that describe the YOU that will pull you through times like this. 3 little words from your mind to your heart especially for this jumpSTART! USE them when you are down on yourself...talking trash to yourself OR tempted.

Mine are STRONG, HEALTHY, DETERMINED. Say them over and over until the feelings and self doubt passes. YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU are POWERFUL, CAPABLE, COMPETENT and PERSISTENT!

Pick your mantra! YES YOU CAN!!!
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. THE OLDER I GET, THE MORE DIFFICULT IS IS FOR ME TO LOSE WEIGHT.
    WE CAN SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 339 Member
    Any journey is a series of decisions. Just make them one at a time, and make them good, and you'll see results. : )
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    lewandt - You have happy dogs for a picture which shows you are joyful and ready to help...I have a pissed off cat who looks like he needs a shot of espresso...what that says about me is I'm a little slow and I'm not that helpful at times.
  • danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110
    I've lost 155 pounds at age 57, so I know what you are going through. I call it a journey too.
    I've put my story down in a blog.

I would be glad to help in any I can.

Dan
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Rah Rah Rass... kick them in the other knee???

JK -- feeling a little unmotivated myself, but hoping to hop back on the wagon this weekend! Hope all the comments you've gotten are helpful and inspiring!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member

Hope that helps!

Rah, Rah Rass, kick them in the OTHER knee :-) Just figured out the quote thing! Sometimes I don't pay attention...