Any good protein drinks/shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• hopetobeinshape
    Options
    DO any of you drink these as a meal replacement for breakfast? I just bought EAS advantageedge carb control protein shakes and am thinking of replacing my coffee/breakfast for with this.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    DO any of you drink these as a meal replacement for breakfast? I just bought EAS advantageedge carb control protein shakes and am thinking of replacing my coffee/breakfast for with this.

I don't I will have it as a snack but not as something to replace breakfast lunch or dinner

Like this morning I had Original Oatmeal and a protein shake-

I always have to have a complex carb with a protein for my meal- But you can put your protein powder in your oatmeal and mix it up if you choose
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I use slimbody matrix shakes. They are considered a meal replacement shake, not just a protein shake. The powder itself is 140 calories for a scoop (I think it's 3 TBSP), has 10g carbs, 3g fat, 19g protein, 125mg sodium, and 3g fiber. I think if they added more fiber, it'd be just about perfect! But it tastes good, I've tried 3 of their flavors. LOVE LOVE LOVE the vanilla cake batter flavor (so good plain, but yums when you add cinnamon or fruit), LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate caramel flavor (toe curling delightful when I add peanut butter and bananas to it). Tried the strawberry banana, and while not bad, not as good as the other two flavors. I think there's another couple of flavors but I haven't tried them. The website says you can mix it with water, but I like it blended with milk or soymilk better.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I am looking for a good protein beverage as well.
    I don't like buying a HUGE tub only to discover I hate the taste.
    Anyone know where "sample"/single packet sizes can be bought to try?
    I am curious about Muscle Milk due to the HUGE variety of flavors (I HATE mixing extra stuff in, besides ice and liquid) what are some of the good flavors?

I did go to the site that was also mentioned (can't remember the name).
    I love they idea because of how natural it sounds.

Any help would be great.
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Back when I was working out each morning, I used to mix protein powder with almond milk and found it delicious! I would have it 30 minutes post workout (at home) and then an hour later (at work) I would have more protein and some veggies (like hard boiled egg whites and carrot sticks). It sounds plain but I found that I had much more will power during the day if I start off with lots of protein.

Just watch the portion sizes on the almond milk, because the sweetened version does have some sugar in it.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a good protein beverage as well.
    I don't like buying a HUGE tub only to discover I hate the taste.
    Anyone know where "sample"/single packet sizes can be bought to try?
    I am curious about Muscle Milk due to the HUGE variety of flavors (I HATE mixing extra stuff in, besides ice and liquid) what are some of the good flavors?

I did go to the site that was also mentioned (can't remember the name).
    I love they idea because of how natural it sounds.

Any help would be great.

Optimum Nutrition usually has a 20 pack sampler that you can purchase through various online supplement sites. They give you 20 different flavors of whey protein to try. I think I liked all but one of them.
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    best ever protein shake in my opinion is:

milk, ice, chocolate whey protein powder, peanut butter, and a banana -- tastes fabulous and is really good afterworkout shake
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    best ever protein shake in my opinion is:

milk, ice, chocolate whey protein powder, peanut butter, and a banana -- tastes fabulous and is really good afterworkout shake

I've done this kind before (minus milk...makes me sick), I have chocolate whey protein...
    I tend to bore easily though.
    I ALWAYS am lacking in protein, so I need something that's easy and I can keep up.
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    Options
    I personally like the white choc mousse made by muscle milk. I mix it with skim milk in a blender with ice, makes it colder and a little thicker