What is the earliest...

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
memory you have?

As far back as you can remember what is the absolute earliest memory you have?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine is of my first birthday. After that, I don't recall anything until I was three in nursery school.

And yet, from the age of six onwards, my memory has been almost non-existent...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Looking into a wall mirror when I was 3 years old.

Scared the hell out of me then too. :tongue:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am completely missing large blocks of the 1980s, I have no idea!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Hmm I remember drawing on the floor at my grandmom's house with a crayon when I was very little. Then blamed it on my infant brother xD So I was around 4-5
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Mine is me being in a playpen in the front yard of where we lived and there were lots of my extended family around. I was old enough to pull myself up and stand at the rail maybe even walk Im not sure. My mom told me that it was my uncles birthday and she has no clue how I can possibly remember that.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am completely missing large blocks of the 1980s, I have no idea!

I have the same problem with the middle to the end of the 70's! lol. Good times....

Seriously, my earliest memory is of staying with my Grandmother when my Mom was in the hospital having my sister. I was about 3 1/2. I *think* I can remember earlier than that, but it might just be the memories I have of seeing pictures from when I was younger than 3.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mine would be my fourth birthday party. It was that blizzard in the northeast in 1996, everyone was trapped in my house.

At said party I was playing hairdresser with my neighbor and she kept banging me on the head with the back of the hair dryer......(she was just jealous, it was purple! :P)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I remember being groggy this morning.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Age 4. My dad ran me over and I remember him carrying me into the house, I remember the car ride to the hospital and then the x-ray machine. Don't remember going home though.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I would have to say when I was 4 and riding my bigwheel. My uncle (only 6 years older) and his his friends were riding bikes and I got pissed that the wouldn't wait for me and left me behind. :mad:
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hmm... must have been 4 or 5 years old. Very sick around Christmastime - I had to stay in my room while the family celebrated (Christmas Eve). I was able to come out after everyone had gone home, and I remember sitting in front of the fireplace, near the Christmas tree, watching cartoons and eating oatmeal that my Mom had made for me.

Sweet, right?
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i remember my dad and i bringing a big stuffed dog to my mom in the hospital after she had my brother. i was 2y 4m.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Playing "doctor" with some of the girls in my class when I was 5 years old.

misc-true-story-realistic.jpg
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was 5 and walked in the front door with my new friend from school and my dad was passed out drunk on the living room floor.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Playing "doctor" with some of the girls in my class when I was 5 years old.

misc-true-story-realistic.jpg

Why were you sick? :P
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    when I was about 2 - sitting in my room talking through the floor vent to my dad who was in the garage. I just remember giggling and thinking it was so cool!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I remember the blizzard of '78 in Ohio...I have no idea how since I was three, but I clearly remember the snow being halfway up the swing-set in the back yard and my mom not letting me go outside with my brother and sister because it would have been over my head....
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    When I was 4 1/2, at my grandfathers funeral.
    They had the bottom of the casket closed, and I thought he was cut in half :/
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I remember the floorplan and the furnishings in the house I was born in, and we moved out of when I was 3, so although it's not that specific, I have memories from approx. age 3.

I remember my dad teaching me how to read when I was 2. That's probably THE earliest.