Recipes for the picky eater?

Options
I thought I'd post to see if anyone knows any recipes that I'd probably try.

I don't EAT onions, but I will cook with them. Nor to I eat tomatoes... I'll try ANY seasoning, including onion.

I don't like alot of veggies either.

Gaw it's hard to diet when you don't like alot of things haha.

Replies

• ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    I thought I'd post to see if anyone knows any recipes that I'd probably try.

I don't EAT onions, but I will cook with them. Nor to I eat tomatoes... I'll try ANY seasoning, including onion.

I don't like alot of veggies either.

Gaw it's hard to diet when you don't like alot of things haha.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    go to

www.allrecipes.com

You can input what ingredients you want and it will spit back recipes with those ingredients.

Cool :glasses:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    great site......thanks for sharing!!! :bigsmile:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    First of all, nobody is more picky than my husband so that's a plus!
    He won't eat pasta, rice, milk, butter, mayo, sour cream, yogurt, cheese.... :noway:
    If I ate like that, I would be skinny! :wink:

Let's talk about you! Girl - can you find *any* veggies that you like?
    Surely there has GOT to be something? Think of it this way.. eating
    veggies will actually assist with your weight loss. Try some raw, try
    some steamed - experiment and see how delicious they can be.
    I'm not being bossy, I promise! I'm just so used to trying to get my
    hubby to try more veggies. My sister told me to buy a book called
    "How to Cheat on Your Man (in the Kitchen). LOL! :laugh:

Ok, enough preaching. Do you like fish? There are some good
    recipes on this site. I found a yummy lowfat Mahi Mahi recipe that
    I made for my husband and I this evening. It was muy delicioso!
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    lmao i'm probably more picky than him!

Well i like some veggies. like carrots, corn, lettuce, things like that. I'd like to start forcing myself to eat them, because apparently you LEARN to like them. Plus they say your taste changes when you get older... I need to start trying things again. lol

Only fish I eat is fish sticks LOL!

I said I was picky ;) Love that book name haha!

oh and i never knew you could pick out foods you DONT want in recipes at www.allrecipes.com... i'm so goin there too. i've already ruled all the foods i dont want out. onions, tomatoes, mushroom, and fish lmao
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Go to www.phmiracleliving.com and check out the recipe section. The books "phMiracle" by Dr. Robert O. Young and "phMiracle for Weightloss" have a ton of recipes for veggies that are delicious. One way to start getting tons of veggies in you is to put them in drinks. He has a smoothie on the website that is amazing. Called the avorado, I believe. Also in the books. If you can hide veggies in smoothies, you can get the benefits of feeling full and getting the nutrients your body requires. There are also recipes for pureed soups and other delicious ways to prepare veggies.

The wonderful thing about veggies is that you can eat tons so you are NEVER hungry and also get the vitamins and nutrients.

Best of luck and let us know how you are doing! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Even though the cookbook is how to sneak in veggies so your kids will eat them...the recipes are still good and my 30 something year old friends use it because they don't like veggies =D

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (yes, Jerry Seinfelds wife!)
  • mdotc
    mdotc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    let me just say, i used to be a picky eater before i changed my lifestyle....
    a year (about to be 2 years) ago i was 180ish...i am down to 144! (i lost it all in 3 months!!)
    i HATED salads, veggies, fat free milk, ANYTHING that was good for me, i hated lol

but i made a promise to myself that i WOULD lose weight, and will do anything to achieve it

the first week was hard, but i slowly and gradually began eating veggies
    (usually the frozen mixed veggies OR broccoli)

that with a nice grilled fish, or baked potate and..mmmmm mmmm delish!

i am back on my diet, i kinda stopped it for a while, but i realized that i actually enjoy eating healthy...:-)
    and i want to lose about 10 more lbs, even though everyone says that i need to stop lol bc i already look good, but...i want to feel 100% comfortable

but good luck to you
    and i am pretty sure you can eat veggies
    try to add some to a tuna wrap
    or a grilled chicken salad

it doesnt have to be much, but you will slowly learn to love it

:-)
    nothing is impossible, nothing!