Goals Not working on MFP?

Options
No matter how much excerise I put in on my "goals" it calculates that I will lose 1.1 pounds a week. I can not work out at all to working out two hours a day for 7 days a week eating the same amount of calories and still shows that I will only lose 1.1 pounds a week. That is wrong, right?

Replies

• Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There is really very little weight loss attributed to workouts, you will see workout results in regards of toning, etc. Cardio helps your metabolism and a lot of people seem to feel pleased with the results from cardio, but most of your weight loss will be coming from your diet.

As someone in this forum said: "You lose weight in the kitchen and inches at the gym"
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Well that just bites. I was hoping to lose two pounds a week but apparently you can only do that if you are larger framed.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    No matter how much excerise I put in on my "goals" it calculates that I will lose 1.1 pounds a week. I can not work out at all to working out two hours a day for 7 days a week eating the same amount of calories and still shows that I will only lose 1.1 pounds a week. That is wrong, right?

MFP doesn't take any notice of yor exercise unless you actually do it, so no matter how much exercise you say you do, it won't change your calories.

And the reason it is saying 1.1lb, is because you tried to put in more than 1lb loss, but the lowest calories it can give you is 1200, so it works out the loss based on 1200 which for you is 1.1lb.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladyraven, that makes sense because at the end of the day it will tell me if my days are always like this I will weigh "XXX" in 5 weeks so it would have to take it into consideration.