Latenight Snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    have a light snack in the early evening (100 cals or so) drink LOTS of water- brush your teeth & go to bed earlier.

IF it gets late & I feel hungry I go to bed; if I feel too hungry to go to bed, I have a low cal smoothie (aldi's 70 cals) and then go to bed
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry at night, rather than upping the cals in your daytime meals, why not add a 4th meal in the evening when you are hungry? I would also suggest upping your protein intake throughout the day. I think it is cheaper to buy the protein powder and make your own shakes and smoothies than to buy the pre-made ones. (fruit + yogurt + powder + blender)
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! and yea i dont eat my work out calories most of the time! and no i dont have a protein shake i have just been eating good. i try to make every meal like 300-400 calories each. but i guess maybe i need to up there bc about 9 every night i feel like iam starving! thanks guy for info i greatly appreciate it!! :smile:

If your meals are 300-400 cals you're probably on a 1200/day diet
    and if that's the case you SHOULD be eating back your exercise calories
    at the end of the day your NET calories should be 1200 not your total calories
    this may be why you're so hungry at night...

iam on a 1600/day diet. and like as of right now i have ate 879 calories and i have burned calories = 1045
    i guess maybe i just need to eat a lil more when i eat my 3 meals of the day?

If you're burning that much then I'd definitely eat more...
    I like to have something small first thing in the morning before I workout
    then a protein smoothie (frozen berries, protein powder and water blended) right after
    but then shortly after that I have a carb heavy meal (to help the protein do its job repairing your muscles)
    and then in the evening I have only lean meats and veggies...
    and I'm more then full...I even find it hard to eat back my exercise calories...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I get late night snack cravings too. I get the munchies so I eat healthy popcorn in 100 cal bags. There's surprisingly a LOT of popcorn in 100 cal so the volume satisfies the munchies. It's whole grain so it should fill you up too. I always have some tea with a little cream as well, that helps fill me up without the calories.
  • paleseptember784
    Options
    I am the same way!! It's so frustrating!!! :( I wake up and I am RAVENOUS, even if I just woke up and ate fifteen minutes before... I end up overheating during the night and early morning and feel terrible about it during the day. But I feel so powerless to stop it...