Favorite snack food?

Options
Paolinat
Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
Here are a few of my favorites. What are yours?

Apple with peanut butter (slice apples horizontally, spread peanut butter on 1 slice and top with other slice. Apple peanut butter sandwiches and you can control amount of peanut butter while assuring peanut butter in every bite)

Cheese and apple (I make apple sandwiches but use sharp cheddar cheese with granny smith apples, cheddar with gala, etc)

banana with peanut butter (melt peanut butter in microwave and drizzle on banana.)

Celery with peanut butter

Celery with tuna

Dill pickles and cheese (my fave: chèvre cheese)

fruit with cottage cheese

string cheese and fruit (I peel the bit of string cheese and wrap around apple or pear chunks.

Greek yogurt and fruit

Greek yogurt w/cucumber, lemon and garlic or spinach and garlic on celery or cracker

Lettuce Roll-ups -- Roll meat, fish, cheese, egg salad, hummus, tuna or other filling AND veggies in lettuce leaves.

Kale chips (many recipes on internet, I like mine with sea salt and sprinkling parmesan cheese)

Replies

• arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    watermelon and cantalope
  • faith3655
    faith3655 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
    Celery and tuna
    Almonds
    Yogurt

I'm still trying to find new combinations.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Healthy snack: Fresh apple, with nothing else.

Not so healthy snack: Lays Wavy chips, with french onion soup in non-fat sour cream dip, and an ice cold Coke in an A&W mug.
  • chubbytiff
    chubbytiff Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    pink lady apple. Greek yogurt. Kiwi
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas

Apple and cheese - not in the same mouthful, just int the same snack.

Gorilla Munch cereal....why should it only be for the kids?
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    apples, almond butter, granola, applesauce, apple rings, oatmeal, peanut butter, OH, and any type of nut butter and banana on ezekiel bread or a bagel, doesn't matter, just have to get it done.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Those are some great ideas!
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt...

like actually frozen small tubs of yogurt. Tastes like ice cream. You can easily trick yourself...and only 35 calories!
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is a handful of Kix cereal lol
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love Kix!! We just finished a box today.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    These all sound yummy. Goldfish are mine, but not too healthy :/
    Some healthy ones are:
    Celery and peanut butter with raisins
    Cottage cheese and pears
    Hummus and pita

I'll have to try some of yours...
  • Paolinat
    Options
    A little nutrition note: combining protein with carbohydrates gives you sustained energy. It takes longer to process carb (preferred energy source for your body) when coupled with a protein.

All of you that mentioned just carbs, get some protein in there!

Some milk with your Kix, wrap some turkey around the cantaloupe.

You can definitely eat cheese separately from the apple (still works if eating same snack time) but have you ever combined the two? YUM! THe French are notorious for their brie with figs, blueberries, pears, apples.
  • Paolinat
    Options
    frozen yogurt...

like actually frozen small tubs of yogurt. Tastes like ice cream. You can easily trick yourself...and only 35 calories!

35 calories of frozen yogurt?
    frozen yogurt is usually about 100 calories/ 4 oz serving (1/2cup). 35 calories is about 1/6th cup.

1/2 Fage 0% Greek yogurt = 66 calories and has 5g carb and 11g protein with vitamins, minerals, active cultures, etc. Can add fruit and freeze.

I don't like buying frozen yogurt from shops. More chemicals than actual food.

Example: Pasteurized and Cultured Skim Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Whey, Nonfat Dry Milk, Natural & Artificial Vanilla Flavors, Milk Protein Isolate, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Modified Food Starch, Pectin. Contains the following live and active cultures: S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. lactis and L. acidophilus.

http://www.frogurt-nm.com/Nutritional-Facts.html for your favorite frozen yogurt ingredients.

Make your own and forget the sugar, corn syrup, etc.