"Fat Day"

Options
Ugh... its one of THOSE days... I have actually lost 31lbs.. I lost a little bit before I found MFP. Most days Im really happy with myself, and I cant wait until I get to my goal weight to really show it off. However there are days like today, where I look at how much more I still have to lose and realize that Im STILL a "big girl".

Anyone else ever have those days? It doesnt mean Im ready to throw in the towel, I just dont know to to not feel this way sometimes...

Replies

• bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    I completely understand. Some days I feel awesoome but then some days I'm just down in the dumps about my body for no reason. Its so irrational...not like I gained 20 pounds overnight but I feel like it :p
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. Some days I feel awesoome but then some days I'm just down in the dumps about my body for no reason. Its so irrational...not like I gained 20 pounds overnight but I feel like it :p

Thats exactly how I feel!! Like FLAM I feel 100lbs heavier for no damned reason :(
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yep, having on of those days myself...
    Miserable that I've been doing this 40days and only shifted 5lbs and really hated my reflection in the mirror today. All my clothes looked hideous!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have them too, no fear. Just power through. I get 'fat days' and 'fat face days' and 'bad hair days' etc etc etc. Sometimes our perceptions/the mirror flat out lies. >(
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    When I'm bloated I feel like crap because I look 'fuller' and it gets me down.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Of course! I'm like you in that I lost some weight before I joined MFP and it always bugged me that my ticker was off from my real loss so I went back and changed my original weight so now my ticker shows ALL the weight I've lost since I started working at it. It made me feel at least a little better ;-)

Tomorrow is another day and it will likely be a better one!
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I'm bloated I feel like crap because I look 'fuller' and it gets me down.

Absolutely ): I hate being bloated. It makes you look a fair bit heavier than you are, and you just feel bigger and even more uncomfortable in your own skin.

Fat days suck. I hate how quickly they can spring on you, any day has the ability to suddenly turn into a fat day, too. Gah.

Best way of getting over it? Before and current pictures of yourself, trying on a piece of clothing that didn't fit you a month ago, and finding something to make you laugh.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    How did you change your starting weight?
  • cassmonster
    cassmonster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Every day of my life!! Lost 65lbs...gained back almost 15...trying hard and I seem to get no where!! It does get terribly discouraging. Hang in there!!!!
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Miserable that I've been doing this 40days and only shifted 5lbs and really hated my reflection in the mirror today. All my clothes looked hideous!

ONLY 5 lbs? That is amazing progress, you should celebrate it! You earned it :)
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have those days. Worst is when I feel cute and skinny all day then go to change into my uniform for school( all black or white clothing), and all my uniform clothes are ill fitting either old adn stretched and too big, or old hand me downs that are a bit too snug in spots, makes me feel 500lbs and aweful, happens 4 nights a week :(
  • candisweet
    Options
    To change your ticker, go to tools...ticker...change weight data.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    /
    How did you change your starting weight?

Under Check In where you'd normally record your weight/measurements there is an "edit previous entries" link so you can put a date and weight in there. Mine is from 9/2010 and I didn't start using MFP until summer of 2011. It helps me to see my actual weight loss! We work hard for every pound -- celebrate every one of them ;-)

If you want to get (and hopefully give!) some extra support feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The body can vary up to 2 kgs (about 5 lbs) in any one week given fluid retention etc I was told; especially if you are a younger woman and still having menstrual cycles. If you are retaining fluid that will make you feel fatter - I know sometimes I jump out of bed feeling "skinny" and other days feeling "fat" - and I am definitely not skinny, but my weight is coming down overall and that is what gives me hope.

I notice people who loose lots of weight drink LOTS of water; so If I have gone over in my sodium (from processed foods - they are usually bad for that, watch your sodium intake) I try and drink extra water to "flush" it out - could be a load of old nonsense but I feel better doing that.

Weight loss should be gradual, gives you time to adjust to your new body / new way of living and eating. Big loses really quickly are not sustainable.

Hang in there :flowerforyou:

6575081.png
  • coraliethomas
    Options

ONLY 5 lbs? That is amazing progress, you should celebrate it! You earned it :)

Yeah 5lbs is awesome!! My weightloss was like MOLASSESS in the beginning... and I was bawling my eyes out at work... my boss who used to be a seamstress asked me to give it another 2 weeks.. she took my measurements that day, and then 2 weeks later and even thought I had only lost 2lbs.. the difference was clear on the measuring tape!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I try not to look down at my middle when I'm sitting. It only reminds me how far I have to go, and makes it easy to forget how far I've come.
  • nannylil
    nannylil Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with smartalec. It is bloat, or clothes that don't fit just right, that usually is the culprit.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have lost 37 in total and I am still wearing the same clothes with little give, especially around the mid-section. I have fat days every day!! I just know I need to keep on track :) the past few days have been awful and stressful and my diet shows it. My exercise level shows it more, unfortunately. I just don't have the desire to do anything at all.

I am just looking forward to the day that I feel good again. It has to come soon! Just don't give up :)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I get that way every month!!! once a month to be exact! you know, when the bloating is at it's worst? I find the making myself exercise helps with the bloating and it also helps with the way I feel...
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    YAY!! My ticker is finally telling the truth!! I feel sooo much better already! Thank you all you guys for the comments :) Im glad Im not the only one who has these silly days.. (and its not even that TOM)...