Losing weight/maintaining weight

Options
I have 9 more lbs. I'd like to lose, but I'm not in any hurry. Would it be good for my metabolism in the long run if I stick to 1500 calories/day for a week and then "maintain" the following week (sticking to 1800 calories or so)...and then 1500 calories/day the next week, 1800 calories/day the next week and so on? I've heard that it's good for the metabolism to eat more calories some days, here and there (??)

Replies

• MJA1970
    MJA1970 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have 9 more lbs. I'd like to lose, but I'm not in any hurry. Would it be good for my metabolism in the long run if I stick to 1500 calories/day for a week and then "maintain" the following week (sticking to 1800 calories or so)...and then 1500 calories/day the next week, 1800 calories/day the next week and so on? I've heard that it's good for the metabolism to eat more calories some days, here and there (??)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you went about it. I'd like to hear an answer. I know songbyrd sweet had previously posted that she does a stair step method going up or down by 100 each week until she gets to 1200or so then back up by the same method to maintenance.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46182-why-i-m-not-eating-all-of-my-exercise-calories?hl=pyramid#posts-487573