Inconsistant Info

My dietician tells me to have protein, veggies and starches. A friends dietician told her to have JUST proteins. Any thoughts or comments?

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Eating nothing but proteins sounds like a formula for liver failure.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    why pay a dietician for advice and then ask a bunch of folks who cant agree on whether you should drink soda or not?

pick your poison and drink it
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    different dieticians are going to give different advice to different people.
    mine told me that 1400 + exercise calories was good for me, and to try lower carb since im have pcos.
    it worked for a while but i couldnt stick with it.
    if you really want to follow your dietician, than do it. if not, go to the other one. of you dont believe either of them, do what feels best for you.
    that said, and all protein diet doesnt sound very healthy. balanced diets usually work best for the majority of people
  • danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110
    Eat a high fat low carb diet. No sugars, no wheat, no starches.

Do you want to eat real food (as much as you like) and improve your health and weight? It may sound too good to be true, but LCHF is a method that has been used for 150 years. Now modern science proves that it works.

There is no weighing your food, no counting, no bizarre “meal replacements”, no pills. There is just real food and common sense. And by the way, all the advice here is 100 percent free. FREE, no ads, nothing to buy, just eat lots of real food.

Check this out: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

FREEDOM!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Do you want to eat real food (as much as you like) and improve your health and weight? It may sound too good to be true, but LCHF is a method that has been used for 150 years. Now modern science proves that it works.

There is no weighing your food, no counting, no bizarre “meal replacements”, no pills. There is just real food and common sense. And by the way, all the advice here is 100 percent free. FREE, no ads, nothing to buy, just eat lots of real food.

Check this out: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

FREEDOM!

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-my-cloak-is-bats.gif
  • Dave198lbs

There is no weighing your food, no counting, no bizarre “meal replacements”, no pills.

the main function of this site is the calorie counting/tracking feature. The other purpose of this site is apparently giving fringe feeders a forum to spout nonsense. why are you here if you dont count calories?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member

Do you want to eat real food (as much as you like) and improve your health and weight? It may sound too good to be true
    not necessary - i eat 30%carb/30%fat/40% protein.. i eat as much real food as i like, and have been losing weight and inches.
    no pills, no diet shakes, and still eating cake and ice cream, pizza, burgers etc.
    yes i count, but in the grand scheme of things, its nothing compared to what ive learned about my body by doing it
  • danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110

There is no weighing your food, no counting, no bizarre “meal replacements”, no pills.

the main function of this site is the calorie counting/tracking feature. The other purpose of this site is apparently giving fringe feeders a forum to spout nonsense. why are you here if you dont count calories?

That's why I'm here, to free you from calorie counting.

We've all been lied to about diet and nutrition.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
    Take the red pill. Read my blog.

FREEDOM!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

FREEDOM!

Do tell what happens to the energy from "real foods" that you can eat unlimited amounts of when eaten in excess?
  • Dave198lbs

FREEDOM!

you are obviously taking pills not available at walgreens. I take a brown pill. It supposedly has fish oil in it. Take your freedom down the road. Have a nice trip.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Gosh! No pills here, just eating at a moderate deficit and doing some exercise... works for me!

To the OP: if you are paying a dietician, then listen to their advice.
    They know your body and your medical history better than any stranger on MFP.
    For your friend - if that was me, I would find another dietician!