OMG!!!! CALORIES!!!!!!

Options
Ok, so now that I've been on here for about a week, I decided to punch in what a "normal" day used to be for me. I used to comsume between 3,000-4,000 calories!!!!!!! I wanted to be sick! I made some small changes before I joined the site, but holy cow!!! Now, I'm a calorie freak and think twice before I eat something. God bless this site and the food diary!! Has anyone else had this "revelation"??

Replies

• mtcountrygal
    Options
    Ok, so now that I've been on here for about a week, I decided to punch in what a "normal" day used to be for me. I used to comsume between 3,000-4,000 calories!!!!!!! I wanted to be sick! I made some small changes before I joined the site, but holy cow!!! Now, I'm a calorie freak and think twice before I eat something. God bless this site and the food diary!! Has anyone else had this "revelation"??
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have had the revelation. Mine was actually that I was only eating 900 cals a day most days and then when I did get in like 3 meals in a day it was generally fast food and was like 2000+ cals....so my poor body was way confused. Now it is used to eating all day long and does not enjoy greasy ewwwwwwwwwww food.

Amazing how being accountable for what passes our lips and into our tummies does ha?
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    I love the calorie counter on this site for that!
    Working in the weight loss clinic I see a lot of people that have no idea how many calories they eat per day.

Actually that's how I found you guys and myfitnesspal, I was writing on my health blog about caloric intakes!
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OMG.. I JUST CALCULATED AND I WAS TAKING IN 3000 TO 4300 ON FAST FOOD JUNKIE DAYS!! THATS CRAZY!!!:sad: :noway: :noway:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    The 1st week I was logging my calories here, I went to enter what I had for lunch. I had gone to Jason's Deli for lunch and had 5 of those one-bite mini gingerbread muffins from the salad bar. I thought - how much could they be...50 calories each? They were 220 calories EACH!! I was just sick. That was the day I realized how very important it is to log everything I eat and do it BEFORE I eat it.
  • dikawry
    dikawry Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm driving everyone crazy at home and work. I've turned into a calorie counting freak. Its amazing how one meal can have what should be your daily intake. I'm so glad I found this site.:bigsmile:
  • DRautenbach
    DRautenbach Posts: 15
    Options
    It is scary, I have got so used to counting calories now that can pretty much estimate quiet well what it is worth. Until you count calories, you don't have a clue. It helps you think twice before eating something. I am a nightmare shopping, checking all the labels for fat and calories. LOL
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You guys are such a scream.....

I too am now one of you..... checking the labels and counting the calories of everything I eat.... my work colleagues and friends think I'm barmey....

I started to do this so that I could lose a little weight and drop a dress size.... but now I'm doing it to check that I'm actually eating enough calories to keep me going as stress seems to be the fastest method for losing weight and I've got massive amounts of stress going on in my life at the moment .
  • Jenzy
    Jenzy Posts: 11
    Options
    Holy crap that's the cutest outfit I've ever seen on a little one! I know off topic. Except that I love the cookie monster and like him also love cooookies. So Cute!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I think it happens to most of us who use the food diary regularly, typically soon after we "get it" :wink:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Not only were my calories insane...but I was ingesting a huge amount of fat grams! I wonder why I never thought twice?!?!:frown:
  • MJA1970
    MJA1970 Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't know how many calories I was eating before, but I'm willing to bet it was around 2500-3000! Yikes!! What was I thinking...that I could continue like that and not gain weight??? Hello??!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I use to eat alot of calories too.

I love this site it has been really helpful on keeping me on track
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I remember thinking to myself, "Well, I don't think I was eating THAT much, most of the time."

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Get this: there is a burger place called Beck's Prime that makes these amazing burgers. The most amazing of them is the Hickory Cheeseburger. I would consider it "eating light" if I requested light on the cheese and skipped the fries. That *kitten* burger was still a good 800 calories!

My mom and stepdad get irritated when they catch me measuring stuff. They go "can't you just eyeball it?" I finally went "Ok, no measuring cups, pour me half a cup of Kashi GoLean into this bowl." My stepdad is a cocky sort, and very much a cooking man. He smugly poured in some. I measured it. Just over a cup!

They still think I'm neurotic, but it taught them a lesson.
  • jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    Definitely!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    omg im soo sad!! my favorite hamburger from my fav fast food place is 700 calories... not counting the fries and the drink i would get :[ no wonder im so fat i would eat this like 4 times a week
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy, but I assumed I was eating more calories than I actually was.

I was eating around 2500 - 3500, but assumed I was actually eating way more! :O

Thank god for my wake up call lol
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    MY PROBLEM IS NOT EATING ENOUGH CALORIES MOST DAYS I AM AROUND 950-1000 SOME DAYS I CAN GET 1200 - 1400 BUT NOT TO OFTEN. THE DAYS THAT I DO GET 1200 - 1400 I FEEL THAT I AM EATING WAY TO MUCH. i EAT ALL THE TIME BUT i EAT A LOT OF GOOD THINGS MOST OF THE TIME. i DON'T EAT MEAT. i EAT A LOT OF FRUIT AND VEGGIES. I WORK OUT TWICE A WEEK FOR AN HOUR AT A TIME. SO I EARN A LOT OF EXTRA CALORIES ASWELL..
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I only binge on sweets and pizza typically but I was eating a bag of peanut M&Ms for lunch daily after lunch since it didn't really add that many extra calories to my day :ohwell:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Omg i know..my biggest thing was sour patch kids....Omg..thinking back makes me ill. I "switched" to those cause they were gummy and didn't they were as bad as chocolate. My hubby used to buy the BIG bag and I would probably eat that entire in one sitting. I did the math once while I was in line at a grocery store recently. I picked up the small packs and did the math on that and though...omg...i used to eat an entire bag of the BIG bag.....the thought made me ill