shakeology......opinions/suggestions??

Options
I am not new to loosing weight this is my second go around with the battle of the bulge:) The first time I stopped at smoothie king everyday for a smoothie and drank muscle milk for a snack while at work,now I am a stay at home mom and they have since closed the 2 smoothie kings in my area. I have a zumba instructor that started doing something similar to shakeology and she likes it so far. I am just wondering is it worth the money to spend?? and really what does the greenberry taste like??

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no..its not worth the high cost. you probably dont even need anything extra if all you are doing is cardio. eat some skinless chicken breasts and salmon and almonds.

if you start lifting weights, then you might think about supplementing your protein intake.
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Shakeology: Great product, and has high quality ingredients and the chocolate and tropical strawberry taste great. So in my view its worth the price tag. Though if you are vegan I would go with Vega brand shakes over the vegan Tropical Strawberry because of the price difference. Both Vega and Beachbody's products are good quality.

I have been using shakeology since August (approx 6 months).

Greenberry tastes fruity and is good when mixed with water and fruit, I find any form of dairy (almond milk, cows milk, etc) tastes odd with it. I find it has an aftertaste that is acidic and taste chemically (not a word I know).
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have the chocolate shakeology and its yummy blended with all different kinds of stuff.
    It definately gives me alot of energy. And makes me feel good overall
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I personally would rather get my calories and nutrients from food. I admit that I don't know too much about Shakeology but almost had a heart attack when I saw the receipt from my husband's "shipment". He also takes some supplements that I don't agree with, but primarily the cost is what gets me. He currently has the green one that you mentioned and likes it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's gimmicky bs. Get whey protein powder if you want to make cheap shakes. Eat real food...even better.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Look at the label, price tag, taste. Compare with other products, then decide...
  • bcirone
    bcirone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Dream Protein and Greens first (sometimes together for a "meal replacement" and it is delicious. I use almond milk, or coconut milk to mix in it. The greens (15+ veggies, probiotics, etc) can be a drink by itself mixed with water and I like a slice of lemon squeezed into it. Gives you a nice boost of energy. I also use Life's basics protien (which can be found at whole foods, but I will attach a link where it's cheaper.
    http://www.nwhsolutions.com/Online-Store.html
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It's like $120/month (30 servings). That's pretty ridiculous for protein powder. You can get great deals on Amazon that won't make your wallet so much slimmer.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Eat real food...even better.
    This! Nothing beats Foodology.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's gimmicky bs. Get whey protein powder if you want to make cheap shakes. Eat real food...even better.

Couldn't have said it any better!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    not worth it.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love shakeolgy, I make them taste like reese cups and to me that settles my sweet tooth and it is very healthy and filling. I haved tried a few things and really like shakeolgy. I also am getting into the troical strawberry.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I like them. I use them once in awhile. They help me when I plateau.
  • jaymcnutt
    Options
    Nothing will ever compare to Isagenix products and I've tried everything supplement stores have to offer.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would look at what makes it so great, and make my own. You can get protein boosts easily and cheaply, as well as the vitamins and minerals, without having to send away for it. PLUS the best thing about making your own smoothies is that you don't have to choose one flavor for the whole month, or spend a crap ton of money to have more than one.

Want a strawberry shake? Buy some strawberries. Scoop in some protein powder, or even double protein yogurt. Ice. Add some chia seed, crush in some supplement caplets, whatever, and you get the same thing, to taste. It means tomorrow you can have banana, etc etc.

Or, if you just want a ready made easy protein boost, get some Odwalla juices, protein monster, C monster, etc etc. They aren't "cheap" per se but they aren't any more expensive than Shakeology, and you can buy a couple servings to try without dropping the cash they ask for during programs.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    X2
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yes it's worth the money...It's all kinds of good. I love mine with banana and peanut butter. Oh so good.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    chew your calories, not drink them.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

You have no Idea what you're talking about. It's not BS. It's very healthy and good for you.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

You have no Idea what you're talking about. It's not BS. It's very healthy and good for you.

its over priced and the same ingredients are available for much less. Glad you like it but it isnt magic. Its the result of very effective marketing.