Eating out, need help! Sizzlers

Options
Anyaaaa11
Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
Tomorrow I'm going out to Sizzler's and I know there's a ton of variety, including
yummy junk food lol..

Ive never actually been there before so I was wondering if you guys have and what do you normally
get? I want a tasty meal for 1000 ish calories.. And 300 cals for dessert?

I'm having a light breakfast and lunch so I don't go over my intake, this is my first
time pre-planning going out!

Replies

• TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I go I get the smallest steak and lowest cal count. I think its the 6 oz steak (256 cals) meal and the salad bar comes with it. I also ask if I can replace the baked potato with steam broccoli. I kinda go crazy with the salad bar I'm not gonna lie lol I love their salad bar.
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is more then enough but if you get up early and walk a couple of miles you would have earned it before you go.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    My suggestion is to go online and look at their menu and plan your meal. If you have any questions about it I'm sure you could call and ask the staff about healthier option before you go as well.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sizzlers??? Where can I find a Sizzlers? I thought they were all long gone.... ;-)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    They have their nutrition information online. You can totally pig out on the salad bar - just be careful with your dressing. Also, sunflower seeds are high in calories. They have grilled shrimp that you can get with the brocolli too. It is only about 200 calories for the shrimp and brocolli. You can also get the sweet potato mash for about 120 calories. Enjoy your meal:)

http://www.sizzler.com/swf/nutrition/NutritionalInfo_2012.pdf
  • jamesfit99
    Options
    I'd go to the Sizzler web site and/or MFP database and check out their nutritional info. You should be OK if you stick to one of their streak entrees(I assume that's why you're going to sizzler LOL) and stay away from appetizers, bread, butter, sour cream and all that other stuff they show on the TV commercial!

-- James
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I already checked out their website, it
    Didn't really say much about what they had..

Thanks for the tips though.
  • jamesfit99
    Options
    The website has nutritional info on all their selections. First click on "our food", then click on the different categories on the drop down menu. Then click on "nutritional information". Bon Appetit !

-- James