Replies

• misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    cannoli's, lasagna, manicotti
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight, Ricotta is not the shortest distance to your destination.
    One of the great things about the MFP method is you can fit ANYTHING into your diet and still lose weight. I have buttermilk pancakes (real deal, not some diet version) twice a month. I make spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, hamburgers (well, husband handles those). Last week I made a chocolate layer cake for my son's birthday (total butter: 30 tablespoons). Had a piece of cake almost every night this past week and still lost 2.5 pounds.

You are soooo correct! That's one of the reasons I'm here. It's simply a matter of conscious choices so far. I have to learn more about the reset metabolism thing.

THIS!! Yes, you are right. It's OK to eat the things you want and drink the things you want. But it needs to be in moderation. I still eat pizza and burgers and ice cream on occasion along with my fresh veggies and brown rice. I just hold myself accountable for what I put in my mouth and make sure to log it on MFP. Once my daily calories are used, I should probably go to bed and start over the next day! :)
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I may 3 different types of lasagna: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna, Beef/Sausage Lasagna, Spinach Lasagna.

You could make all or any of those and then freeze them.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Ricotta and kale (spinach, etc something leafy like that) mini quiches, one large quiche, ricotta pancakes, veg lasagna.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Bumping for some great ideas here - especially the gnud. I like it as a high protein dessert - add a little honey or Splenda, some almond extract, some cinnamon, and sprinkle a few toasted slivered almonds on top. Yum.
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    bump for recipe suggestions
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    GNUDI! It's my favorite pasta and easy to make. They're similar to gnocchi (if you've had that) but much more pillowy and decadent. They are also simple to make. 3 parts ricotta to one part all purpose flour with some grated parmesan cheese thrown in. Mix together to form a loose-type dough. Cover and place in fridge for two hours. Then, pull out of fridge and scoop out into small balls (I use a melon baller so they're all the same size) and place on a cookie sheet, then place in fridge again for an hour or so. When ready to eat, boil for about 5 minutes or until they float to the top. Then top with your favorite pasta sauce. You can freeze any you don't want to prepare for the meal...they freeze really well. They are so delicious!

Yum!! :love: Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • jul2526
    jul2526 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    GNUDI! It's my favorite pasta and easy to make. They're similar to gnocchi (if you've had that) but much more pillowy and decadent. They are also simple to make. 3 parts ricotta to one part all purpose flour with some grated parmesan cheese thrown in. Mix together to form a loose-type dough. Cover and place in fridge for two hours. Then, pull out of fridge and scoop out into small balls (I use a melon baller so they're all the same size) and place on a cookie sheet, then place in fridge again for an hour or so. When ready to eat, boil for about 5 minutes or until they float to the top. Then top with your favorite pasta sauce. You can freeze any you don't want to prepare for the meal...they freeze really well. They are so delicious!

Bump - YUM
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    if you have boneless, skinless chicken breasts - mix ricotta cheese with cooked spinach, lay out pounded chicken breasts and spread out ricotta spinach mixture. roll up chicken breasts, dip in egg and whole wheat italian bread crumbs place on a cooking sheet on loose side down. bake in oven until cooked (about 20 min at 375 but everyones oven is different so just check on it) and then top it with sauce, bazil and low fat mozzarella cheese and put it back in until the cheese is melted.. sooo good!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like to add a tablespoon of ricotta to my scrambled eggs. :) With salt and pepper and dried tarragon!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like to add a little vanilla and amaretto flavoring! makes a nice dessert...
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    http://www.onelovelylife.com/?p=4950

This. SO good. I'll also add cocoa powder+stevia, or pb2 to make different flavors.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ddr76
    ddr76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am going to go to the store right after the gym and prepare this tonight!! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • ddr76
    ddr76 Posts: 2
    Options
    if you have boneless, skinless chicken breasts - mix ricotta cheese with cooked spinach, lay out pounded chicken breasts and spread out ricotta spinach mixture. roll up chicken breasts, dip in egg and whole wheat italian bread crumbs place on a cooking sheet on loose side down. bake in oven until cooked (about 20 min at 375 but everyones oven is different so just check on it) and then top it with sauce, bazil and low fat mozzarella cheese and put it back in until the cheese is melted.. sooo good!
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a great recipe for Chocolate chip ricotta muffins, I made them last time I had left over chesse and they were awesome!
  • violinkeri
    Options
    im lazy and didnt read all the other posts so im not sure if anybody posted this yet.

My parents did south beach a few years ago and one of the desserts is to just mix in a splash of vanilla extract into a serving of ricotta. its delicious! I dont see why you couldnt also do it with other flavors, or cinnamon, or cocoa powder. yum! they had these mini tupperwares so they would just make a bunch and throw them in the fridge and we would all eat them.

note to self...put ricotta on grocery list.....
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Going to assume by the date of the op, the cheese is either gone or has gone bad.....
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

Ermagerd!!!! YUM!!! Bumping for when I get home. Thank you!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly good on toast with diced tomato and basil