Spaghetti Squash

Options
I finally tried cooking spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta. Takes a bit longer to prepare but I have to say I love it. With homemade tomato sauce it's amazing and exceptionally filling. 1 cup of spaghetti squash is about 40-50 calories + home made tomato sauce (no sugar) makes a very low cal meal or a great side dish for protein.

Try it......

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash.. I actually prefer it over real spaghetti. Delicious!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yeap! I LOVE it!! Low cal and the family enjoys it- even the kids! :-)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have always done it with butter or EVOO but never actually sauce. I have GOT to try it :) thanks for the reminder
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    The spaghetti squash lasagna from skinnytaste.com is really good too.
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had mine with sauce today and was really good. I normally make my own but used a store brand instead. Next time, I will be using my own!!

I really liked the texture of the dish.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i was surprised with how much i like it.
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    I've been dying to try this! I cannot find the squash anywhere here in NY tho :(

I just made Zucchini Lasagna last night..zucchini instead of the noodles..and it ROCKED!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    One of my favs-I love to add other veggies and feta cheese to mine. Also if eating out Ruby Tuesday's has spaghetti squash on the menu :)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Even my kids love it!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've really wanted to!! just unsure of how to prepare it?? I'll have to do some googlin'
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I finally tried cooking spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta. Takes a bit longer to prepare but I have to say I love it. With homemade tomato sauce it's amazing and exceptionally filling. 1 cup of spaghetti squash is about 40-50 calories + home made tomato sauce (no sugar) makes a very low cal meal or a great side dish for protein.

Try it......

how did you cook it??
    i found that if you cut it in half length wise, place cut side down on a microwavable plate. cook for 5-7 minutes.. BE VERY CAREFUL it will be very hot.. i found that it scrapes out very well with a strawberry huller
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half, place it open-side-down on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 350.....but the microwave sounds SO much faster!!!!
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    I made it too the other night!! definitely easy and delicious AND very low on calories!! =)
  • jomajajo
    jomajajo Posts: 1
    Options
    Mmmmmmm.... I love spaghetti squash! I love the sort of nutty flavor it has.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I made it once and it was so gross I threw it out. The kids wouldn't even touch it. Maybe I made it wrong!
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been eating spaghetti squash for about a year at least once a week. Super filling, super low cal.

I make a chicken cacciatore sauce, and put it on top.

Or I just add grilled chicken, grilled peppers, some EVOO, and Parm and its delcious!