what is your favorite running music?

I'm always looking for good music to motivate me during running (not my favorite exercise). Good, thumping music keeps me moving and makes the time go by.

Care to share your favorites?

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Justin Bieber
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    I'm sooooo bored with my music, so I hope you get some great suggestions,. A great running song makes all the difference!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Justin Bieber

Bahaha!!!
  • jillwaller10
    jillwaller10 Posts: 17 Member
    One Direction!
  • rgraubner
    rgraubner Posts: 31
    Recently I've been listening to a lot of Nirvana, Eminem, Boys Like Girls, The Maine, Kelly Clarkson, and Arkells.
  • I know it's different than most but I listen to a logic drum and bass or jungle music. The staccato drum riffs or the sinewy bass lines drive my energy level thru the roof. Plus it's a very upbeat fast paced type of music.
  • I usually listen to fitness/running related podcast.
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    LMFAO Sorry for party rockin', Moves like Jagger, S & M, Toxic. That's for the warm up run.

I like to listen to stand up comedy for the long run (yep, the retard laughing while running, that's me). Lately I've been listening to Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle and Lewis Black.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Kaskade.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    I like "The Show Goes On" by Lupe Fiasco... if I'm in the mood for it, Taio Cruz is okay. Daft Punk is always fun. Oh and I got into Mika for a long time ("Kick *kitten*," "Relax Take it Easy," "Happy Endings"). I can't think of anything else right now.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    I make mixes of songs... lots and lots of techno, hip hop and pop! My current Running List includes:
    Come Baby Come - K7
    That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
    Nth Degree - Morningwood
    Power Is On - The Go! Team
    F*** You - Cee-Lo (the uncensored one, it just gets me pumped!)
    On To The Next One - Jay Z featuring Swizz Beats (this video is amazing, btw)
    Funplex - The B52's
    Telephone - Lady Gaga & Beyonce
    Moscow Remix - The Future Sound of London
    Paninaro 95 Tin Tin Out Mix - Pet Shop Boys
    Any album by Girl Talk, Muse, Fischerspooner, or Leftfield
    And of course, Britney Spears. Girl knows how to make a GREAT song.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    I am loving BEP lately, Pump It. It has a great beat to run to. I run to all my Spin music every week - so basically you know my faves. :) I'll point some out to you during class, though. Also, a lot of the stuff I use for our sprints.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    My playlist is all over the place and frightens some people lol:
    A sample from my current running playlist:

"I Just Wanna Run" --The Downtown Fiction
    "Eye of the Tiger"--Survivor
    "Hungry"--White Lion
    "Live Wire"--Motley Crue
    "Boogie Shoes"--K.C. & The Sunshine Band (don't judge...it really is an awesome song to run to! LOL)
    "If I Ever Leave This World Alive" --Flogging Molly
    "Read My Mind" --The Killers
    "Driving Back to Denver" --The Railbenders
    "Life Is Beautiful"--Sixx A.M.
    "Firework" --Katy Perry
    "The Last Mile"--Cinderella
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    I like to listen to metal while running, I try to imagine they are shouting at me to keep going. It works for me.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Generally Texas/Red Dirt country
  • Elzecat

what's "red dirt" country? :)
  • Elzecat

what's "red dirt" country? :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dirt_(music)

Thanks for the link. I'm really tired. Usually I would not be so lazy and google/wiki it myself.

I love country music but need a certain...cadence? when I run...haven't found too many country songs that work for what I need...
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    My current treadmill mix is pretty fast-paced and upbeat. A lot of hip hop and songs designed to inspire. I've got Kanye West's "New Workout Plan," Eminem's "Not Afraid" and "'Till I Collapse," Beyonce's "Run the World," Kid Sister, Outkast, TI, MOP. I went online and looked for songs that are fast-paced. A good base or drum line can really get you pumped up to start moving around, and it's good to be able to walk or run to the beat. I find that once I've listened to a fast song, a song that's even a little slower slows me down, so I try to keep everything going at a fast tempo.
  • HOT CHELLE RAE! love love love love :)
  • PKarissa
    PKarissa Posts: 2
    What makes you dance? For me that is techno, I hear boom boom boom. and I want to just run! If I am running an the beat is off I will speed up my run to match that beat!

How Do You Do Cascada
    Everytime We Touch
    Bad Boy Cascada
    A Never Ending Dream Cascada
    One More Night Cascada
    Everytime We Touch (Rocco Vs. Bass-T Remix) Cascada
    Halo Beyoncé I Am... Sasha Fierce
    That's Why You're Beautiful Beyoncé
    Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Beyoncé
    Raining Men (Ft. Nicki Minaj) Rihanna
    Don't Stop the Music Rihanna
    Disturbia Rihanna