Soft Drinks

Options
Turned to Tea with Sweet n low or Splenda, cutting regular soft drinks out has made a big diffrence in my diet.

Replies

• Fishripper
    Fishripper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Turned to Tea with Sweet n low or Splenda, cutting regular soft drinks out has made a big diffrence in my diet.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    It absolutely can!! Soda and juices are LOADED with sugar and calories.... Last year my boyfriend decided he wanted to lose weight and improve his eating habits, cut out drinking his daily Mountain Dews and within a month lost 15 pounds (and really hadn't changed much else by that point)
  • MarineWife1371
    Options
    I did this... but I'm like the girl on the slimquick commercial who is like "my husband cut out soda and lost 20 pounds.... I cut out soda and lost nothing!"

I seriously did not lose a single thing... and its been a few months since I've stopped drinking it. :( And I really thought itd make a HUGE difference because I was drinking like, 4 or 5 pepsi's a day!!!!!! Nothing :( o well I guess
  • PrettyNpink526
    Options
    I was a "diet cokeaholic" for YEARS. I thought that it was doing nothing to harm my diet because I worked out so much and ate fairly decent. I never thought I'd be able to give it up, and today is day 4 without diet coke. I cannot tell you how much of a difference it has made. I feel more intergetic, less bloated, and the scale has dropped!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    but... i LOVE diet coke!!! i keep trying to give it up, but have not been successful yet.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    but... i LOVE diet coke!!! i keep trying to give it up, but have not been successful yet.

There is not much I love more on this earth than an ice cold pepsi (Mmmmm droool) but I actually do love the idea of being skinny more.

Don't give it up altogether, that's not very realistic. I stopped buying it for home, so if it's not in the house I am less likely to drink it. I keep a bottle of water at my desk at work so I am less likely to want a pop at work. Sure I drink pop sometimes if I go out to eat (though just as often I get water, water is free!!!!), or for special things like potlucks at work or family get togethers. Reward yourself with it now and again and it won't feel like such a loss to give it up most of the time.