Fattest Among All

Options
I always feel sad and depressed right after taking photos and pictures with my family as when I see the pictures back,Im the fattest among all my family members

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and it's very hard to deal with. I always hide from cameras. But you know what Chris? We are changing our lives one day at a time and one day soon we won't care about it, we will be happy with ourselves inside and out and we will be smiling in those family photos. It will happen and I cant wait to see your photos someday. <hugs>
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just imagine next year at this time. You can be the family member in awesome shape in those photos! Focus on the change you want everytime you work out...stay positive, eat as nutritiously as you can, and success will be yours. You'll never have to feel sad/depressed again looking at yourself in pictures.
    You've got this...you can do it!! :smile:
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i used to feel that way. but you know what? after all this hard work to lose weight... now i'm the THINNEST! :-O

keep working toward it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its real hard to lose weight sitting at your computer. get up and do something.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, buddy! Use that as motivation to help you work harder.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Same here, It was a family photo I took with my brother and two sisters that really started me thinking> My brother posted it on Facebook and I nearly died when I saw it. It took nearly a year even after that before I put the brakes on after I was introduced to this site. Two months and nearly 20pds less I'm sticking with it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That is uncalled for. He works out a lot.. perhaps more than you.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i know exactly what you mean. i just had a daughter 8 months ago and i can count MAYBE on two hands how many pics we have of her and i together. i am now regretting that so i am starting to take a few(at least 5 or 6 takes before i like one) but i should have some memories of us when she was a baby. i think we need to suck it up, right now we are these people, but soon we will be who we want to be and than they won't be able to take pics of anyone else ! lol But your right in the last number of years there are very few pics of me. i always make sure i'm behind the camera.
    weight goes down- self esteem goes up :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

uncalled for? he said he was depressed....getting some activity is helpful and lifts the mood.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Part of my motivation (only a small part) to lose weight was that i realized that once someone else dropped out I was the fattest in my class...
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options

Well....you must be at your computer....hmmm

• netty1959
    netty1959 Posts: 46
    Options
    I feel that way to but i also regret not doing something sooner as i have only one or two pics with me on, i would have loved to had the guts to get my pic taken regular with my kids but can't turn the clock back now
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    My cousin usually piss me off telling I have girls boobs , I know these will be funny for any one of you,but for certain people,it make people sad
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I always feel sad and depressed right after taking photos and pictures with my family as when I see the pictures back,Im the fattest among all my family members

Chris, I used to feel this way too. And I was sad and depressed about it too. But I've been trying to take things like this and turn them into motivations. Being able to "fit" in family pictures was my initial goal. Now my goal is to set the example and be the fittest among them! Try turning any depressing thoughts into motivations. I also had a doctor tell me to "save up $10,000 and come back and see me" because he said there was no way I could ever lose all this weight on my own. I have turned that into a motivation to walk back in his office at my goal weight and thank him for telling me I couldn't lose weight on my own.
  • iminlalaland4ever
    Options
    I have the same feeling. That's why I hate having my picture taken. That's one of the MANY reasons i want to lose weight.
    Stick to your goal, and you'll accomplish :D
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I can empathize. I feel that way often not only with family pictures but with friends and co-workers, too. My Aunt told me to remember this--the people who truly care about you care more about YOU than your looks or the pounds you carry--they look at you through a very different lens than you look at yourself with. I know how hard it is though--have dealt with it for a LONG time.

Just a note for you on the comment about "you can't lose weight in front of the computer." I don't know that person, but I think they meant it motivationally not meanly. Sometimes when we feel blue or down we want to connect with friends, but the doctor has also told me that getting up and moving gives us more positive energy.

So keep your head up and looking forward not back--know that every little ounce you lose will bring you to the person you want to see in those pictures.

:smile:
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is a very helpful link for those of us, myself included, who tend to be negative thinkers:

http://www.secretsofaweightlossmaster.com/weight-loss-affirmations.html
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Yeah thats true my friends,even when i go jog with my family,i will always be the slowest