Cholesterol

Options
Cholesterol!
HELP!
I watch my cholesterol because my birth parents must have a history of bad cholesterol and I am ganing that. I went to the doctor and she said that one of my cholesterol levels is okay, but the “bad” is still high.

What do you eat to help with your Cholesterol?

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My husband no longer needs meds for his cholesterol since drinking Shakeology. That is priceless.
  • adaplas
    adaplas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Food rich in fiber (whole grains, whole fruit, legumes, vegetables). Fat restriction is not as important, but cut down on food rich in cholesterol and trans-fat (hydrogenated fat, margarine, cookies, cakes, crackers). You may increase monounsaturated fat intake (olive oi, canola oil, nuts).
  • Isolt
    Isolt Posts: 70
    Options
    but cut down on food rich in cholesterol

That foods rich in cholesterol cause blood cholesterol has been exposed, many times over, as a complete myth.
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    www.livingpaleo.com/the-good-and-the-bad…cholesterol-and-the-caveman-diet/

www.paleodietlifestyle.com/fear-of-saturated-fat-and-cholesterol/

chriskresser.com/5-reasons-not-to-worry-about-your-cholesterol-numbers

I eat a lot of fat. (I actually cycle it: lean protein + starchy carbs post work out, fatty stuff +low carb veggies whenever else) and yes, I lowered my bad levels and raised my good ones!

INFLAMMATION is the main cause of build up. So that's why I stay away from inflammatory grain, rancid vegetable oils, sugar, and artificial sweetners, etc.