Blood type diet

Options

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    How did people 100 years ago survive with out this dietary knowledge?

I just don't get it.

they died very young and were often times sickly :wink:

Actually, people back then lived about as long as they do today.

They also ate more natural foods and did not have to contend with artificial preservatives and genetically modified foods.

Ok, I'm gonna step down off my soap box now.

:wink:
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You're Dr should have a record of your blood type, I think it's included in a CBC blood draw (I could be totally wrong though). If you donate blood they should have a record of your blood type.

I've heard of the blood type diet, but never read about it or followed it. I say do whatever makes you feel better.
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    im personally not on it but one of my co-workers swears by it and has been doing it for 10 years. she claims its helped her keep 40 pounds off. both she and i are type A, so shes trying to convert me haha
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I just don't get it.

They also ate more natural foods and did not have to contend with artificial preservatives and genetically modified foods.

Life expectancy: 47.3 female, 46.3 male
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Life expectancy is an average. MAny people died younger, and just as many lived twice as long.
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Life expectancy is an average. MAny people died younger, and just as many lived twice as long.
    [/quot
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Life expectancy would be more useful when combined with other stats such as infant mortality rate.

However keep in mind that correlation does not mean causation - Did you know pirates prevent global warming?
  • tabulator32
    Options
    Life expectancy would be more useful when combined with other stats such as infant mortality rate.

However keep in mind that correlation does not mean causation - Did you know pirates prevent global warming?

How you know they don't prevent global warming??

Modern day pirates, not so much.

Conventional pirates...actually used wind-powered sailing vessels and actually did help prevent global warming, as much as they didn't contribute with fossil-fuel powered vessels.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    139092366_ce5b410228_o.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    What do pirates eat? Did, pirates eat?
  • tabulator32
    Options

I just don't get it.

Those stats, as mentioned previously, take into consideration infant mortality which was relatively high. If you consider everyone who made it past that, the average person back then lived about the same length of time as we do.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks tigersworld, you knew exactly the point I was making!
  • tabulator32
    Options
    What do pirates eat? Did, pirates eat?

rum and salt tack
  • tabulator32
    Options
    Thanks tigersworld, you knew exactly the point I was making!

You just had to turn this into a religious argument.

:bigsmile:
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It appears to be a diet that anyone would lose weight on, no matter what their blood type was. I don't see any of them saying, "You're blood type X. Blood type X needs to eat mostly candy and beer." So of course you're going to lose weight.

I wish I was blood type X, though.
    :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have done some research into the blood type diet. I had a friend who was having massive digestive issues and her doctor suggested trying this and it helped straighten her out.

With that said.. she showed me the book and the plan is more about a list of foods that would be more beneficial to your blood type and which foods to avoid for your blood type.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Some people think eating for your blood type is completely bogus. That's fine.

However, I have been going through some huge food intolerances in the last 4 months ( I had hives for 3 of those months), had a food panel blood test done, and it turns out the foods that i'm VERY intolerant to are foods I should be avoiding anyways if I ate for my blood type.

Since I stopped eating the foods I'm intolerant to, my hives have almost completely disappeared, my digestion issues have gone away, and I've stopped getting stomach aches and bloating.

I don't know if following "Eating for your blood type" is legit or not, I think, if it works for you, great, if it makes you feel better (hell even if it is a placebo effect) then go for it. I don't follow it, but I do think there is something to not everyone's bodies digest food the same way.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Bogus! Sorry. It's no different than following a diet due to eye color!
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

I just don't get it.

Those stats, as mentioned previously, take into consideration infant mortality which was relatively high. If you consider everyone who made it past that, the average person back then lived about the same length of time as we do.
    I don't have the stats at hand but I beleive that that the some major causes of death in the beginning of the 20th century were influenza and tuberculosis and other infectious diseases. Many died well after birth and before "old age".
  • firedudecndn
    Options
    It works for me so placebo effect or not, I don't really care. All I know is when I stray from it I feel like crap.

I went from 225 to 183 lbs in 3 months the first time I used it. Which was a good thing because I was a slug at 225.
    It gives me considerably more energy as well. I used to "carbo load" with pasta (the traditional approach to bike racing) before a race and felt lethargic and lazy on the start line. Since I ate what I should eat within the blood type diet I now have considerably more energy on race day and went from pack fodder to podium.
    I also read the book before I was "typed" and was able to determine my blood type by looking at the food charts and seeing which foods I liked eating compared to which foods I didn't care for. When I was finally "typed" I was correct in my "guess". You could say I had a 1 in 4 chance of being correct but I also had a 3 in 4 chance of being incorrect.

I'd suggest trying it and carefully observing its affect on you and your body. If it works, then it works. If it doesn't then discard it.