Who's getting their drink on....

Options

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nope, I think it's partly a myth that there is a problem if you drink alone, there is a little bit of truth, But I think that should only apply if your a downing a fifth everday. Why shouldn't you have a drink if you are alone? Why do you have to wait till there's a whole bunch of people around just to enjoy a bit of Alcohol. I look at it this way, If I am home alone and I want to have a drink, or two or three six eight or whatever what's the problem? I am at home, I am enjoying myself. If I should overindulge I don't have to drive, and possbily kilI soemone or get arrested, I don't have to deal with other people and possibly make errors in judgment that I may regret later. I don't have to worry about anything,... I just have to wash up, walk the few steps down the hall to my bedroom and go to sleep or just lounge around if I want to. That's how I feel about that.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've havent been this over in a long time. im drinking to dull the pain. lol
  • Switty_Kitty
    Options
    Nope, I think it's partly a myth that there is a problem if you drink alone, there is a little bit of truth, But I think that should only apply if your a downing a fifth everday. Why shouldn't you have a drink if you are alone? Why do you have to wait till there's a whole bunch of people around just to enjoy a bit of Alcohol. I look at it this way, If I am home alone and I want to have a drink, or two or three six eight or whatever what's the problem? I am at home, I am enjoying myself. If I should overindulge I don't have to drive, and possbily kilI soemone or get arrested, I don't have to deal with other people and possibly make errors in judgment that I may regret later. I don't have to worry about anything,... I just have to wash up, walk the few steps down the hall to my bedroom and go to sleep or just lounge around if I want to. That's how I feel about that.

Well said...You're a good man!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yah I don't have a problem with drinking alone :) How else am I going to put up my kid. JK.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I live alone (my cats don't count), I cook alone, I eat alone, I have wine with dinner alone.. yep.. I drink alone. I gave up most everything, I'm not giving up my WINE!!!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Drinking alone here to....girly drink...malibu rum with diet strawberry banana V8.
  • Seamoan87
    Seamoan87 Posts: 106
    Options
    girrrrl, haha wine and a few chocolates. aunt flo said its ok.
  • Seamoan87
    Seamoan87 Posts: 106
    Options
    Drinking alone here to....girly drink...malibu rum with diet strawberry banana V8.

that sounds really good actually...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    might use some of my TGI Friday's mudslide mix with some ice in a blender! SOOOOO good!!! :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking water or green coffee instead, you can have a drink for me if you want. I gave up drinking 2 years ago, I was an alcoholic & had to give up. No choice, family or drink. Live or drink. I have a back injury that forces me to take pain meds, I can't drink while taking them. If I do then my body hurts like crazy for days. Like to the point I can't walk.

Have one for me, but only a small one.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I hope you all have an extra drink for me :)
  • Switty_Kitty
    Options
    I'm drinking water or green coffee instead, you can have a drink for me if you want. I gave up drinking 2 years ago, I was an alcoholic & had to give up. No choice, family or drink. Live or drink. I have a back injury that forces me to take pain meds, I can't drink while taking them. If I do then my body hurts like crazy for days. Like to the point I can't walk.

Congrats on your sobriety and so sorry to hear about your back!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Options
    girrrrl, haha wine and a few chocolates. aunt flo said its ok.

Cheers Sea! Love ya girl!
  • todoparami
    todoparami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When alone I drink some whiskey :)
    When out with others Rum :)
    Bailey's when feeling GOOOOOD!
    Cramberry and Vodka for the holidays!

All the above once in a while, truth be said two beers get me tipsy :)
    All is good in moderation :)
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying a cocktail alone. :smile:
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying a blue maui and diet mt. dew. It is AMAZING and I'm beasting it in Domination in MW3 Bring it ON!!!!!! lol I aim better when I'm tipsy!

Do online friends count?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    II got my drink on all day with water...but now I am gonna get my sleep on.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Congrats on your sobriety and so sorry to hear about your back!

The back is so much better since exercising. In fact I barely feel it some days, just don't tell my Dr I been exercising.... he would hate that
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    All alone too.....