Cybex Arc Trainer

Options
Hey everyone!!

I just started using the Cybex Arc Trainer! I have only used it 2 times so far. I have read numerous reviews on it and it seems like the crem de la crem for exercise equipment and with a CRAZY calorie burn. Have any of you used it? What were your results? I am really interested in using this on a regular basis if it will really aid my weight loss and fat loss...Feel free to respond with any success stories or pointers. Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I just started using the Cybex Arc Trainer! I have only used it 2 times so far. I have read numerous reviews on it and it seems like the crem de la crem for exercise equipment and with a CRAZY calorie burn. Have any of you used it? What were your results? I am really interested in using this on a regular basis if it will really aid my weight loss and fat loss...Feel free to respond with any success stories or pointers. Thanks!
    I like it, but IMO the Stepmill is the best machine for calorie burning overall.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! But I have tracked my heart rate and it definetly overestimates the calorie burn.
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! But I have tracked my heart rate and it definetly overestimates the calorie burn.

so what is your average calorie burn? Do you think it is better than the elliptical?
  • themsbauer
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I like it, but IMO the Stepmill is the best machine for calorie burning overall.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I dont think my gym has a stepmill :(
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I go to planet fitness and we have arc trainers there . I love them! It says I burn 100 cal in 10 min . That's doing the fat burn program at lv 25-30 almost at max speed ( it keeps saying max speed a lot) heart rate like 175-180 I definitely do not feel that kind of burn on the elliptical . I don't have a heart rate watch or anything but it seems low to me .
  • themsbauer
    Options
    I go to planet fitness too! I wish the arc trainer there had the arm movement as well but i still love it even without! Well I am going to keep using and see what kind of results I get.
  • mtphan81
    mtphan81 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm planet fitness member too! I drip in sweat on this machine. I have bad joints, so when the treadmill kicks my butt, I'm on the arc trainer. I usually burn 600 on arc and about 520 on tread in 60 mins.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of meh about it. I personally think I get a better workout on an elliptical or running. To me it just feels too easy.

The calorie burns it gives me are crazy high. It always tells me I'm burning at least twice as much as my Polar HRM tells me. I trust the HRM.