Biggest Loser: Motivation and Inspiration

Options
If anyone caught the Biggest Loser last night, I thought it was one of the most inspirational episodes ever! Not just from the marathon perspective, at which point I was balling my eyes out when Ron made it across the finish line. But also for each contestant going through their personal struggles at home. I think that anyone can identify with something one of these people are going through. Watching them all go through their journeys keeps me going every day, and I have started to adopt Helen's saying, "Why not?" Anything really is possible!

What did everyone else think??? I hope it kept at least some of us to keep on truckin' today!

118936.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    If anyone caught the Biggest Loser last night, I thought it was one of the most inspirational episodes ever! Not just from the marathon perspective, at which point I was balling my eyes out when Ron made it across the finish line. But also for each contestant going through their personal struggles at home. I think that anyone can identify with something one of these people are going through. Watching them all go through their journeys keeps me going every day, and I have started to adopt Helen's saying, "Why not?" Anything really is possible!

What did everyone else think??? I hope it kept at least some of us to keep on truckin' today!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I love the biggest looser too, I watch it every week to get my motivation going.:smile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that Jillian and Bob (especially Bob) wanted to help Mike's brother Max and did help him. They didn't have to do that. He wasn't a contestant. I just thought that was neat that they were reaching out to him as well.
    MM
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I can identify with Tara, with the extremes. It seems with me that it's all or nothing. If I have a cookie, I deem the entire day a failure and eat and eat. It's some mental block I have and I need to work through it and find balance, and understanding for myself. :flowerforyou:
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm a HUGE biggest loser fan!!!! It keeps me going too... I mean if they can lose HUNDREDS of lbs, I can surely lose 40-50!!! I too cried when they were crossing the finish line... I mean could you imagine how awesome it would feel to complete a MARATHON!!!!
  • Schaff
    Options
    I totally agree with you RachVR6, I identify most with Tara. I have the same fear that if I go out for a drink I won't have the willpower to stop at one. It comes with a lot of anxiety, and I really appreciated Jillian really sitting her down and telling her that its ok, and that its all about balance and cutting yourself some slack.

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    omg! I was crying too! in fact I practically cry at every episode lately. I got to watch it while on the elliptical at the gym. I felt like I could stay on for the entire show.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This was the first episode I cried while watching. I mean, others... I've came close. But, there was just something about this one that made me bawl! In a good way. :flowerforyou: They are so inspirational. I know their weightloss has came by taking extreme measures, and mine won't be that fast, but they have also had to come face-to-face with emotional battles. I love love love the way Jillian and Bob bring that to their attention as a REAL issue that needs to be addressed. All the times I've tried to lose weight, I've never thought about WHY I'm fat. Most people in my family are either average or a bit overweight... but, I had reached the point where I was probably the biggest and most in danger in my whole family. Max is at that point now and it was really cool that they offered to help him!

I can't wait to see everyone in the finale... but, in the same thought, I'm sad to see them go. I loved getting a peek into their lives and watching their transformation. I'm routing for Tara all the way... she is one amazing girl. But, I am amazed by all of them.

Gah... I'm gonna cry, LOL
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I can identify with Tara, with the extremes. It seems with me that it's all or nothing. If I have a cookie, I deem the entire day a failure and eat and eat. It's some mental block I have and I need to work through it and find balance, and understanding for myself. :flowerforyou:
    I know I'm in the same boat as Tara too :sad: When I heard what she was saying I'm like, I'm looking in the mirror. Why do we do that to ourselves?
  • Schaff
    Options
    I think the show does an excellent job at honing in on the contestants emotional issues. While I have never been as overweight as any of them, I have always been the largest person in my family. I think its important to understand why you got to where you are to be able to change it. And to maintain a change means understanding and not repeating those things either. That's why I love the at-home component of the show so much, because it throws them into the struggles of losing weight in everyday life. I think Helen said it best when she mentioned that at the Ranch they have everything at their fingertips, but at home its a whole different ball game. I think we are all examples of the trials and triumphs of trying to lose weight while maintaining a life!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lost50
    lost50 Posts: 12
    Options
    We have had a Biggest loser team at my work place and I am happy to say I have lost 20 pounds and 9% of my weight. Our team did not win but we came in second place . I am proud to say I lost the most weight on my team .Now I am able to get into my jeans without jumping up and down and wiggling them on. I feel great and cant wait to loose another 20. Anyone want to join me,only positive people need to apply. There was four of us and two members were the cheer leaders. I need a cheering squad. I will help anyone if they do the same for me. We are now continuing with individual people who are still on the road to weight loss at work. I hope to win this one stay tuned......:glasses: