Always hungry

Options
Does anyone else feel like they are hungry all the time? I feel like I am literally starving 24/7 no matter what I eat.... it sucks because I want to lose weight but I am always eating ARGH!!

Replies

• Behappy_Healthy
    Options
    I know how you feel.. I'm always hungry too, no matter what i eat.... :/
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    sure do! Even after a high protein meal, eating frequently, eating back exercise cals, etc, always hungry :)
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    perhaps you're eating the "wrong" things, or perhaps you're trying to eat to little
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do...
    But it's psychological. I know I'm cutting bad stuff out. So I know my mind craves them which in turn makes me hungry even if I eat other things!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    This might sound daft, but if you eat enough, maybe it's not physical that you feel hungry? Might take some time for your body to adjust to eating differently (well, I eat differently since I came on mfp) and that might make it think it's constantly hungry because somewhere you keep thinking about how you can't eat xyz right now.

I got like that with every failed diet in the past. As soon as i cut out a certain food (eg biscuits) it was all I could think about!!! I felt like that at the start too, now I don't anymore and am getting on great :)

Then again, maybe you're one of those few very unfortunate people who have something missing from a chromosome and your body simply doesn't know what 'full' means. A friend's daughter has that and it's not easy because she's always hungry and there's nothing that can be done about it. She lives on a very strict, balanced diet and it's not easy for her at all.
  • chellabella26
    Options
    Protien, fiber, and water equals better hunger managment. I was hungry all the time like that until I figured it out...and you can't expect to stay on any kind of diet that makes you feel that way.

Another tip is to eat slowly so your brain can register you are satisfied...takes about 20 minutes for that to happen.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    your diary is closed so cant really tell, it could be a number of things. not enough water to many complex carbs, or just plain eating the wrong food, you may not be getting the right supplements, could go on for ages, open your diary so we can see what your intake is