scale not budging, but clothes fit nicely and people keep te

Options
My scale is stuck. but i feel good, look a bit skinnier and my clothes fit better. and people are noticing i have lost...

why isnt the scale budging? i know the scale is not the end all be all, but it would be nice for a little love from that damn thing.

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    My scale is stuck. but i feel good, look a bit skinnier and my clothes fit better. and people are noticing i have lost...

why isnt the scale budging? i know the scale is not the end all be all, but it would be nice for a little love from that damn thing.
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, isn't it?

It sounds like you are doing great, even if the scale isn't cooperating.

P.S. You look awesome in your pictures!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    It will don't worry! Do you switch up your cals every now and then? Our bodies get used to the same thing sometimes.:flowerforyou:
  • cmdelux
    cmdelux Posts: 27
    Options
    If you are exercising and building muscle, that could be why your weight hasn't changed much. It seems like I read somewhere that muscle actually weighs more than fat. But it sure looks better on us doesn't it ? :happy: Keep up the great work, eventually the scale WILL show it !
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    the same thing keeps happening to me but as long as my jeans are getting loser on me I am not going to complain! Keep up the good work!!
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    take your measurements....hips, waist, thighs, calf, chest & biceps. When the scale doesnt move, re- take your measurements, this means you are losing inches instead of pounds. You are changing your body composition so you are still on track.

151375.png
  • ohrscarlet
    ohrscarlet Posts: 25
    Options
    I have the exact same problem it is so frustrating. I have decided that it is not about the scale but how I look and my clothes fit.
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Same here! It is frustrating. But I'm still noticing a difference. I weigh myself once a week and am starting to debate if I should change that to once a month. But I know that's not possible!
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree it is frustrating!
    But congrats on losing the inches!!

Keep challenging your body - like was mentioned switch up your calories or the types of food you eat.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the work....I am sure the scale will move eventually.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    thanks! yes, it is frustrating! but i think i will go with how my clothes fit.
    belly fat and wine are my nemesis!!!!!!!
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I discovered a while back that i have "scale trollies" in my house. Like miniature trolls, but they dont know they are doing antyhing bad...they just have fun. In the middle of the night, they play with bathroom scales and adjust them, break them, do lots of nasty things to them and we as humans are none the wiser. So our scales dont read right, but we dont know why!

Keeps me from going insane, also I have to simply stay OFF the scale. :noway:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    The scale is way too addicting. I just love to see the numbers! For the past 2 or 3 years I would weigh myself daily...if not 5 times per day. I can't be the only one who is addicted to the scale. I'm sure we could get a support group called bathroom scale annonymous started if we needed to.

Right now I am trying to wait 1 week before weighing myself. If that works out well, I may try for 2 weeks. My home scales battery went dead and I haven't replaced it (going on 2 weeks) so I can only weigh myself at the fitness center. For me this works out so good because the scale isn't at home to tempt me. Kinda like purging my cupboards of all chocolate...I recommend purging the bathroom scale. Of course, I just started the "bathroom scale annonymous" program:happy:

I do recommend knowing your numbers...I need a number each day yet so I am measuring my waist everyday. It works for me and...its not as precise as the bathroom scale so I don't get "down and out" if the number is up/down. It works for me...It may work for others out there too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!