Xbox 360 w/Kinect, PSP 3 or Wii?

Options

Replies

• DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    My husband happens to own all three lol. I recommend Xbox 360 with Kinect because of the versatility. It give you the ability to play games hands free and then you also have the ability to just play regular video games as well. In my opinion the Xbox is more bang for your buck.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Again, thank you so much!!!!

For those that have the Xbox w/Kinect... I notice the bundle pack comes with 1 wireless controller. Is that enough or do I need to buy another controller (I have 2 kids, ages 5 and 7)?

You don't use an actual controller with Kinect. The 'wireless controller' mentioned is a camera (with microphone) you put by your TV. It reads multiple people no problem, and can listen to your voice and track movements. Just the one is needed.
    ??? I see the pic of what's included in the 4GB Bundle and it shows the console, the Kinect, and a handheld controller (wireless).

Thanks so much everyone! Looks like Kinect is leading!

My husband and I just bought a Kinect, and we love it! I would suggest buying another controller (or two!) for non-Kinect games, but try to get them second hand. I know Gamestop sells them second hand, and they're quite a bit cheaper than brand new, but work perfectly.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I L O V E my Wii Fit Plus! I have assorted fitness "games." Its like exercise without realizing it!

But of course, I also have "fun" games for the grandkids.

Wiiiiiiiiiiii...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I have the xbox 360 w/kinect and a wii and the wii is pretty much collecting dust now we are always on the kinect or xbox so much better !!! the games are amazing and you don't need a controller for the kinect. my hubby has his shoot em up games he plays, we watch movies, get online, there is nothing you can't do with the xbox. hope this helps!
  • flab2sixpack
    Options
    Wow! You have no idea how much help y'all have been! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for!

FWIW, Target has the best price on the 4GB w/Kinect bundle... $250. All others are listed at $300. :grumble:
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    xBox Kinect...def!!! We all ove it in our home...and the kids are ages 20-3!
    Oh and me lol
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My husband is a gamer and owns all three as well (although we don't have the playstation move upgrade). I recommend the xbox as well. For one, I'm sore after we play kinect! and two Xbox has a larger variety of non kinect games for adults.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Again, thank you so much!!!!

For those that have the Xbox w/Kinect... I notice the bundle pack comes with 1 wireless controller. Is that enough or do I need to buy another controller (I have 2 kids, ages 5 and 7)?

If your buying Kinect games, then 1 controller will be fine...But if your wanting them to also have sit down game time..you will need two.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    xbox 360 with fitness evolved 2012 :)
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Kinect here, we have had the wii and a PS3 and now just have xbox with kinect.
    Games wise its as good as the PS3 (imo) and as far as fitness goes its sooo much better not having to hold a remote or stand on something... it also means you can hold dumbells. Dance Central 2 is also great, although it doesnt seem to have improved my skills on the dance floor :)

Lots of fun kinect games as well, the Kinect sports games are awesome and there are some really good ones on Xbox Arcade. Fruit Ninja Kinect is a good laugh and so is Rhythm party.

Whatever you get im sure the little ones will have a blast :)
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    I have the Wii and i get both my daughter and I playing just dance games...we have one kids one and 2 adult..its so much fun and really does work up a sweat...I also have 2 Jillian Michalels games that i play, and a cardio one...i like to switch things up so i dont get board!
  • flab2sixpack
    Options
    Wow! Thanks guys! I've read all your replies... y'all are awesome! I knew I would get good/honest reviews here!
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    My husband and I have the Wii and Kinect. Both are fun in their own rights, but if you plan on using it at all for workouts, I would definitely go with the Kinect! You don't have to worry about any controllers being positioned right or falling out of whatever holder some of these games fashion for them. You can concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing and really get into it. We have some of the dance games and Zumba, which is a blast! I have no coordination whatsoever, but as long as you keep moving to the beat, you're alright. LOL!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    make sure to get the Disneyland Adventures - Xbox 360 Kinect
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7DXR_Y1UAE
    if your kids are disney fans they will love it!!

family game night, game party and carnival games are also hours of fun :) x
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii, and a PS2. I find my family likes them both (I have boys ages 6 and 8). My youngest loves the Wii, and breaks a sweat everytime he plays! He likes the Wii Sports games.

On the other hand, we tend to enjoy the PS2 more, so this year we plan to get the PS3 with the move bundle. PS definitely has better graphics and such than Nintendo. And I, like you, don't want them just sitting on their butts playing games, I like my children to be active, I've heard great things about the move bundle.

I can't comment on Xbox because we don't have one :) I will recommend that whatever system that you do get, that you make sure you have at least 2 controllers. I know the Wii also has nunchuks that you plug into the controller and are required for some games, so you'll need those if you go that route.
  • flab2sixpack
    Options
    Once again, THANK YOU to everyone! I read ALL your replies and took them to heart. The kids and I picked up a 360 w/Kinect and they LOVE it! We bought Just Dance 3 (the kids play it at their school's aftercare pgm) but they've been so amazed at the Adventure game that came w/the console that we haven't even opened JD3 yet! LOL!

I played the raft/rapid level as well as a level where you're on some kind of a cart and you're on tracks. You have to jump, duck, and side-step various obstacles... I actually felt myself getting a mini-workout! But the REAL thing is the kids are TOTALLY getting a workout (in disguise) which, to me, translates into MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks again all!
  • JohnRalfeo
    JohnRalfeo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Xbox 360 w/kinct in my opinion is best
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Glad the kids love it.

At their age, I do recommend Kinectimals as well. Lots of volley-ball style action, running on the spot, jumping.

And if they're interested in Disney (the characters or the theme park) then the Disneyland Adventures Game has a lot of levels where you have to lean from side to side, jump and dance as well.
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Kinect is great I love it! The kids love to play Dance Central, The Black Eyed Peas Dance game, Carnival Games, and even the Kinect Adventures game is pretty fun (that one comes with it). I play Your Shape, and am planning on buying the new Zumba Kinect Game.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Kinect - No doubt! Lots of fun games - no controller needed.