Hello

Options
Hi Everyone I'm Chooey.....I posted some question before I introduced myself sorry if I didn't follow procedure. I'm 47 and would love to lose my mid section I had 2 kids by C-section and have had my belly opened up 4 other times. I was told that I would never be able to have a flat stomach being that my muscels have been cut so many time and that they would never work right.... is this true

Replies

• chooey
    chooey Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm Chooey.....I posted some question before I introduced myself sorry if I didn't follow procedure. I'm 47 and would love to lose my mid section I had 2 kids by C-section and have had my belly opened up 4 other times. I was told that I would never be able to have a flat stomach being that my muscels have been cut so many time and that they would never work right.... is this true
  • christahollis
    christahollis Posts: 152
    Options
    probably.
    muscles don't take kindly to being sliced apart, they would not have been joined together perfectly, and scar tissue would develop. next surgery, the scar tissue inhibits a clean incision, making the joining of the muscles in healing even less even...and more scar tissue...
    catching a pattern here?
    that said, losing body fat means less lumped-up on top of your poor abs and associated scar tissue, which can give your tummy a smoother appearance.
    don't feel defeated, it's good for you to know what you're working with so that you can build realistic and satisfying goals for yourself.
  • chooey
    Options
    So the sit ups I've been doing and the legs lifts are worthless??? I will still do them even though along with eating healthy....Thanks for your feed back. Regards C
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • chooey
    Options
    Hey, How did you get that ticker up and running having problems getting it on there thanks
  • christahollis
    christahollis Posts: 152
    Options
    So the sit ups I've been doing and the legs lifts are worthless??? I will still do them even though along with eating healthy....Thanks for your feed back. Regards C

of course not! your muscles won't ever be the normal arrangement again...but they're still important core muscles. strengthening them gives you stability, and they burn more calories as they grow stronger.
  • chooey
    Options
    Thanks....will keep doing them:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hey, How did you get that ticker up and running having problems getting it on there thanks

go to tools and make one if you haven't already, then go to your homepage, then go to settings, then go to change forum signature, you will know what to do from there. I hope this helps.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Working on strengthening your core muscles can also help prevent injury while doing other exercises. It's very important to keep your stomach and back muscles strong especially when lifting even minor things. Good luck on your journey.